Recording With E-Drums

Charles Wilson

I'm trying to use an Alesis Nitro Mesh kit to record drums in cakewalk through MTPowerkit 2 and can not get the kit to trigger the VST. I have no trouble with using a keyboard to trigger and record, it worked before, since I got a new computer it will not work. I've tried several things with no success. I don't want all of my drum tracks to be on keyboard (because I suck at it) and I'd like to get these drums functional. HELP :0

Welcome to the forum.
First some info from you.
How is the kit connected to the computer? Direct via USB? With MIDI through an interface? Telekinesis? 😆
If by USB, did you have to download a driver for the cable and was it recognized by Windows and Cakewalk?
If through an interface, did you download and install the proper drivers for that interface? Were they recognized by Windows and Cakewalk?
The kit must play through a MIDI track. What input options do you have for your MIDI tracks? They should be the USB cable or the interface.
Is the MIDI track's output set to the VSTis input?
It seems like you may know much of this, so let us know what you've tried already and maybe we can offer some more ideas.