[SOLVED] Waves Tune Real Time not using midi track notes

Jimmy NaNa

Solution:

There's a learn mode on the Waves Tune Real Time plugin. For all the functions you need to right click on the button to enable it.

The documentation doesn't state this, but it seems that it is being automatically enabled for the target pitch button.

I right clicked the target pitch button, clicked "clear" which seems to turn learning mode off.

Then I re-enable the target pitch button and it's holding the pitch to the midi track now.

I contacted waves and they said they're not familiar with Cakewalk but will try to download it and get back to me.

Anyway, I'm using latest bandlab cakewalk on windows ten with current versions of Waves Tune Real Time and regular Waves Tune (14).

When I use the regular Waves Tune I add it to the audio track, set midi input to on. Go to my midi track and set the output to waves tune plugin. On Waves tune there is a button to Receive Midi, which I turn to on. And it works. Latches on to my midi notes and makes the vocals only sync to those notes.

This is the same process I use with Izotope VocalSynth 2. Never had any issues.

However I wanted to try Waves Tune Real Time, which seems to sound a bit better than the other one mentioned.

I did the same exact process of adding the plugin to audio track, midi input on, output of midi track to the plugin.

The difference with Real Time is there is no Receive Midi button, but there is a button called Target Pitch you're supposed to turn on. So I do.

However when I start playing my audio back, the Target Pitch button turns itself off, and the plugin starts using notes that are NOT within the midi track. I'm assuming it just reverts back to the algorithmic tuning.

According to Waves I've set the plugin correctly and it should work. But it seems that Cakewalk might be doing something that is disabling things.

I'm also thinking it's Cakewalk because before this I was using the free plugin MAutoPitch, synced to MIDI, which worked, until I closed the session and re-opened later on. It would no longer read the midi notes and reverted back to the algorithmic correction until i deleted the plugin and re-added, re-set everything up. Does it every time I close the session. I contacted MeldaProduction and they didn't have an answer.

Has anyone successfully used MIDI with Waves Tune Real Time and did I miss some step?

Edited by Jimmy NaNa