Feature Request - Add ability to control vertical height of track in Staff View

Konstantin Paradizov

1 minute ago, hadada said:

You're right. but If you don't watch a white screen in the dark, it won't stimulate your eyes. You can turn on the light in your room, or use the night mode. I work during the day, so I always use the white theme. And my eyes never hurt after that.

You need more light in your screen if your environment is bright, and this is not related to the dark or bright theme. Because the screens of today needs more backlight in a bright environment only if you don't use a screen which use e-ink. But yes, white screen is bearable in the daytime compared to the night but still it is not good for eyes.

And coming to the topic, the Staff View, having a dark theme in the Staff View will make it usable anytime of the day regardless of the enviroment light you have.

3 hours ago, fossile said:

still thinking ARA like mechanism for MIDI to Muse Score would be awesome. regardless of light or dark settings 🙂 

I realized that I missed out your idea. Yes, if it was possible ARA like mechanism for MIDI to Muse Score would be awesome. with dark settings for sure 🙂

I'm sorry, because I'm not an English native, so I've expressed things too concisely, I didn't realize that because you don't use piano roll you're not familiar with the Daw workflow and may not understand what I'm saying, first of all I mean that the legato technique is impossible to display correctly in piano roll, it has latency that need to be adjusted, secondly it needs to be overlapped so you can't write this technique with just staff view. Then I propose to double it with another long technique. This long track is for doubling other techniques by using articulation maps. You can double it with different techniques. This is for when I think it needs to become a staff, because that articulation track, I can mark on the notation software faster. I think the staff is just a tool for visualizing music, it's a bridge between players and composers. Although many tutorials are composed in staff, I think that's just to make you easier to understand, not to let you compose in staff. For example, I have various scripts in cakewalk that can automatically draw expressions and legato to complete the work which notation software can do. and there are some script like random notes, random rhythms, etc. When I'm stuck in my mind, I can just copy the motive 100 times and use random notes script. I just play it and then I can go browse the web. if I think it sounds good. I can cut and put it in the media browser. I don't need to play it on the keyboard over and over. or if you think the rhythm is bad and you want to change it to a triplet, you can just use the piano roll to click it. in staff view you might need to delete the whole bar and fill it in again. You may say that every technique has one track. Isn't that hundreds of tracks? It is true that the normal orchestral template is hundreds of tracks. The track you choose is the technique played by your midi keyboard. This is very suitable for sketch. But can cakewalk really handle these hundreds of tracks?The answer is no, it can't freeze empty tracks, you need to add an articulation map to do it, And synth rack is also difficult to choose the instrument (use it to adjust plugin's mic position).
I think these are what cakewalk should improve for people who write orchestral music. Your suggestion is very good, but even if it can display the articulation maps, it will not be much improved, because its engraving is very terrible, and the arrangement between notes is not good. As I said, it has no tremolos, no grace notes, no 64th note, If you export it as xml, you need to modify a lot of notes, otherwise it will be difficult for people to read. But if you export it as a midi file,I believe that other notation software will do better, And the staff view is very difficult to improve. 

The function of the staff is really just a tool to show your own music to others. It would be great if you could automatically turn what you made into a staff,  but I don't think it can be done by cakewalk alone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hadada said:

The function of the staff is really just a tool to show your own music to others. It would be great if you could automatically turn what you made into a staff,  but I don't think it can be done by cakewalk alone.

For now yes. But it can be. 

I'm asking to the Bakers, may you want to integrate Musescore to the Cakewalk? As Glenn said it would be great to have an application integrated in the Cakewalk like Melodyne.

Musescore is an opensource application but Cakewalk developing such an implemantation alone may not be convenient, so something like this to happen, a collaboration with the Musescore team would be a right approach.

Both softwares will start to communicate with each other after the integration. For example when you use an Articulation Map for Staccato, already binded Articulation Map to the Note Articulation wil turn notes in the Musescore to Staccato automatically. 

I don't know if either side would be willing to do. But this kind of a collaboration can fix the gap between the Music Notation and DAW softwares. Then each software can focus their own profession with using each others strengths.

Yeah, and I'm talking about a full integration. After the integration, it will be like seeing and using Musescore in the Staff View just like a part of the Cakewalk.

I think Musescore contributors would welcome this kind of collaboration request when it comes from a DAW like Cakewalk. 

This step can also allow for both software to create an API just like ARA developed in a collaboration between Celemony Software and PreSonus, then it will make possible to any Music Notation Software integration to any DAW.

Edited by murat k.