Disable Sends not working?

Scott Kendrick

I've seen this several times recently and wondering - is there something I'm doing wrong that I should check or is this a bug. I've been disabling sends, usually that are part of a gropu, and the audio still sends to the Aux tracks. I have to additionally mute those aux tracks which works for my workflow but if I had other tracks sending, that approach wouldn't work. Anyone else having issues with sends still passing through? 

1 hour ago, Scott Kendrick said:

I've seen this several times recently and wondering - is there something I'm doing wrong that I should check or is this a bug. I've been disabling sends, usually that are part of a gropu, and the audio still sends to the Aux tracks. I have to additionally mute those aux tracks which works for my workflow but if I had other tracks sending, that approach wouldn't work. Anyone else having issues with sends still passing through? 

As a test, I did the following.

I created a SIT (Simple instrument track) with Rapture Pro - though this could be any audio track.

From within that track’s send, I created two sends, each to its own AUX track (resulting in two AUX tracks). 

I put a reverb (Eventide) Black Hole) on one of those AUX tracks. The other, I put a delay (Arturia Delay Tape-201).  Both effects were definitely audible.

When I disabled either of these sends, the audio stopped being sent to the respective Aux track.

I also created a group containing these two ’enabled/disable" sends.  I gave both control a start value of 0 and and end value of 1 (also clicking the custom button)

This also worked as expected..... disabling one send also disabled the other, resulting in nothing being sent (therefore no reverb or delay)

So, on my system (configured as per signature) disabling sends to aux tracks works as expected.

6 minutes ago, Scott Kendrick said:

I probably can't reproduce it 100%, particularly in an empty project, but  I have a project where's happening and I can't figure out what might be causing it. Anything to look at to troubleshoot?

Maybe drop a note Cakewalk support here:  You might want to include a project were this is manifesting

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633