Problems with Copy Paste

Astral

On 10/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, lapasoa said:

Using past special for obtain more than one paste. And after that using instead normal paste for another tweak.  It's really boring to notice that the number of pastes are the same as before when I used paste special.

Your wish is the Bakers' command. That was just 'fixed' in  19.10. It's now an option in Preferences > Editing to have Paste Special settings persist, and they don't by default. 

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Your wish is the Bakers' command. That was just 'fixed' in  19.10. It's now an option in Preferences > Editing to have Paste Special settings persist, and they don't by default. 

Im glad they did this. Im a fan of the old way/previous versions worked but there may come a time in a project where I could use this new preference.

• 6 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 11:12 PM, Astral said:

Hi there

I have multiple issues with Copy Paste. It was noted first at the end of Sonar age and persists with all new updates. Often it resolves with restarting computer, but today I can't fix one of the forms of this problem.

Usually, when I Copy something, it would not Paste. Yes, I have right track selected, I click Paste and nothing happens. Sometime, if I use Paste Special, I can't get it back to regular Paste- it just keeps the same parameters from Paste Special, even when I use Paste (regular). Also in Paste Special- if I want to copy something 4 times with 4 measures in between- how do I tell it to? That setting in the middle, I set it to 4 measures, but it pastes wrong. If my clip is 8 bard, do I put 4 bars for interval or 12 bard as 8+4 to make 4 measures between clips?

Now today the problem is totally new. Cant paste MIDI track. If I am looking at this track, it looks normal, I colored it in Blue, so it is blue. But when I expand "Takes" view, it has 2 takes, both contain clips but both appear gray, as if they were muted. But I can still Mute it and then it stops playing, Unmute and it playing. The notes show up in Piano Roll. But takes tracks gray (not blue) and I can't Copy it. Initially, I had only one clip (made with 2 takes). I copied it and with great difficulties Pasted it like 8 times. I could not set it to paste with certain interval, so I manually Pasted it like 10 times. Then I kept first clip (original) and in Piano Roll was working with 2nd copied clip which had notes in Piano roll, so I deleted some and entered new notes. Now Take tracks are gray and would not copy. I select. It is very difficult to select just one track. I make this track Active, and select in Piano roll. I expect only notes in that track get highlighted, but ALL TRACKS frequently get highlighted as if I wanted to copy all tracks.  So eventually I am able to highlight just clips in Take. Everything is white- selected. Click Copy. Then want to click Paste, but Paste is grayed out as if nothing was copied. Also I found some notes in another track, not sure if this was new part or old attempts to paste from previous session.

Another issue: What is it fat white vertical line on the track? Looks like Split, but not Split. This is on another track. How did I created it and what is it for? Looks like track was playing up to that point and then becomes silent. I fixed it somehow, but the line is still there. 

Thanks. Frustrated. It almost not usable! 

Try holding down the shift key and click in midi track data and see if that allows you to copy/paste/delete data.

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, fraser Mackenzie yeats said:

when i cut and paste iit bumps other track the size of paste...yes right trks selected

...even with special paste....can't figure it out

Sounds like you've got ripple edit on - turn it off.

image.png.329a08efda28bc45b75c6c534633b490.png

• Like 1