Change sample rate of file

jono grant

Hi, I have a fairly big file running at 96 kHz and my UAD plugins are maxing out.

It there an easy way to change the whole sample rate to 48 kHz so my plugins will re-enable (some disabled due to too much DSP and *UAD handles less when running at 96 kHz.)

Or is it re-building the whole file?

I thought I could save the file as a template without the audio and re-import it but I'd have to export everything out first as there are many edits.

Thanks

Jono

Sample rates are locked as soon as there is audio introduced to a project. If you wanted to convert it down to something easier on your UAD plugs, I'd probably suggest saving an entire copy of the project as a template (so your routing and all is intact) then render out the audio at the desired sample rate. Just bear in mind if you use that approach that you disable the FX on render in the export options. Otherwise you can go through the usual suspects to keep the project going at 96 like Craig suggested. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 12:40 AM, jono grant said:

Hi, I have a fairly big file running at 96 kHz and my UAD plugins are maxing out.

It there an easy way to change the whole sample rate to 48 kHz so my plugins will re-enable (some disabled due to too much DSP and *UAD handles less when running at 96 kHz.)

Or is it re-building the whole file?

I thought I could save the file as a template without the audio and re-import it but I'd have to export everything out first as there are many edits.

Thanks

Jono

If you are maxing out your PC resources, try raising your audio interface drivers to 1024 or what ever setting that makes it larger. If you are at 256, try 512 before going to 1024. 

As others said, the sample rate cannot be changed unless you export each track at the same rate you want and then import them back into a new project  at the new sample rate. Sample rates are your clocking.