PRV element ID: Notes/Velocity button

Starship Krupa

Thanks to TYLIP these requests are now nearly extinct, but I'm trying to figure out where to find the image used for this element (also the text color, but I have a feeling that's a lost cause):

In Mercury:

image.png.7bb0d56cdaf46344e792b5b310d6677f.png

In Tungsten:

image.png.b30fa916aaa4f46c43d59cd165998292.png

As you can see, the button is flatter and darker in Tungsten than in Mercury, which tells me that it's themeable.

Any idea? Of course, with darker themes, the black text will be a limiting factor, but the current stock buttons stand out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Many extra points for knowing (or finding) where the text color comes from.

Looks like the old style Controller's Pane button used in X1 thru X3. 

If so, buttons were both gray because text couldn't be changed. How Erik has this in CbB is interesting. Edit: NOPE!

They removed the (Controller Pane) button in SPlat & CbB in favor of a color.  Active button uses Track View | Focused Track Background while non-active button uses unchangeable gray. (TYLIP pg.89) I commented a while back that the gray button can disappear if the background is the same color.

Text is now... Focused Track Text. (pls update the TYLIP) :D

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Yeah, not working like that here.

Working like that on 2 systems here.

Open PRV, try turning Show Velocity and Show Notes on and off. It will appear below the View menu and above the piano keyboard. To the left of the ruler.

I found the element in the weirdest place: Loop Construction view/Resolution Menu.

Edited by Starship Krupa

Okeedokee. To invoke this button, Controller Pane must be closed with the Show/Hide button. Otherwise the Show Velocity menu item remains selected and grayed out.

Looks like a temporary replacement for the lower buttons when the CC Pane is closed. I never noticed it because I always open/close the CC Pane by mouse dragging, which will NOT invoke the button. So it aint what I thought it was. 9_9

Good catch but the text seems unchangeable.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

I wonder how much of this stuff is lurking in TTSRES.dll  TTSImage.dll and other Cakewalk libraries? If that image gets swapped by changing it, there must be multiple versions of stuff in there.

EDIT: Yep, looks like it's part of TTSImage.dll - lots of redundant stuff in there going back to SONAR 8.x so I'd say it's a common library that CbB has inherited.

Edited by Lord Tim