Testing XILs PolyKBIII : Wtf ?

Zo

Testing this bad boy and it has some unik features i never seen  elsewhere like the SPACE X : you disperse voices to taste in space 

Why the f.... we don't here about this brand ?  Ugly gui alone ? strange ....

And it sounds superb 

image.thumb.png.5c23cc1096e93f7423fdf6dcedee41c4.png

You see the dynamic button in space X ? you engage , choose aquariuml it move , handle speed ect .... each time you hit a key  it's panned and modulated acooring to what you want ....

Smooth zero artefact and way more control than Roland rnd Pan , i ain't even gonna compare with arturia (witch is there to be there imho , nice to have at least) 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 3

Here's it's VOICE XY !!!!

Modulation per voice you place it in axes and choose what axes does for exemple you see the voice up left it opens Filtr one when i polay this voice this gives some playing juice like nothing else

image.png.c744108ba17651c2c4cedfae16ef5fd1.png

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Zo said:

Why the f.... we don't here about this brand ?

I'd say insufficiently strong Marketing was the reason why we don't hear more about them:

a) Price point. They've remained expensive for a while. Xils-labs synths have been in the "luxury class" for quite a while. No "reasonably priced everything bundle" Not many good promotions.

b) Presets. Some great presets from Lotuzia (RIP 😢) and Nori Ubukata but the total list was relatively short, not enough "instant gratification". These are virtual synths where you need to get your hands dirty. They didn't bootstrap  a healthy "ecosystem" of preset/library developers.

c) Choices. Emulated synths either overlap with less expensive alternatives or are very obscure (they may still be great synths but they don't trigger nostalgia purchases, "I so much wished I could have had a xxx when I was in my teens/twenties")

Things may change after the arrangement with Plugivery, At least for me they finally hit the "impulse buy" price point and I loaded up this past holiday season.

They're probably missing a flagship synth where they apply everything they've learned from working on emulations, and produce a "modern" synth that doesn't emulate anything, something like Arturia did with Pigments.

• Like 3

I grabbed polyM for 49 $ , prestes are great but i agree , presets numbers , quality ,even level varies ... but like you say Lotuza ( just fogured out he was dead man ... i was playing earlier and saw a preset he made named « c est la vie » this sadden me straight...

Sonically they sounds great once you design your presets ,  as for interface i m already lobbying Xavier ....hehe ... and a juno for chorx lol...

I don t see overlapping , synths he made , he was one of the first to make them ... and soncially (if you talk about cheery audio ) both osc and fx are way superior in xils ... but you re rigth , price wise he should be aggressif , but synths at 49 during sales and fx at 29 ( at audio deluxe ) is more than enougth ..

Even at 59 for a poly M or a yamaha gs 1 or a synthi or a synthex ? Comon ...played with the synthi and it is indeed superb ... preset are meh ...sometime but i like a lot some presets because they stick with the synth epoque ...

Anyway just sharing my finding , i do find some things absolutly brillant , some things that need tweaking but are way do able... finger crossed ...

• Like 2

I really like the Xils synths so I was pleased to pick up Xils 4, PolyM and the Strings bundle during the recent sale to compliment PolyKB, Oxium, MiniSyn'X and KaoX which I already had. 

I do find their interfaces to be a disincentive. Xils 4 had a nice update though.

I only just realised how to use their preset interface properly a few weeks back, where you can filter by various categories... For some reason I forgot it was possible to change whatever filter is set. It's quite powerful once you get your head around the UI. 

RIP Lotuzia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

He passed from cancer in 2021 if I remember reading on Facebook….

Hence the preset «  c est la vie «  meaning «  this is life « 

he smissed , had some exchange with him and he was a gentleman ...

Edited by Zo