El Guerrero

KSband

First off ..  I Love this genre and style of music. Your lead guitar sounds Real Nice , you captured it Well .. If you are looking for any mix suggestions , I'd look at the EQ on the left rhythm guitar. It seems to me to be heavy on the low mids' and could use some highs. I'd also look at using the pro channel (low) saturation knob on the sax. I've found it to be Real useful. It may work or not ..  Last , I think you've got a timing glitch at 4:19 on the left rhythm guitar.     Great Playing ..     Enjoyed it     mark

• Like 1

Hey Mark, thanks for the listen and suggestions.  I haven't used that saturation channel before, I tried it and does add a subtle effect.  I added an eq to the rhythm guitar and did a slight cut on the low end and small bump on the top, good suggestion.  I can't hear the timing thing you are talking about at the end, the drums get pretty busy there so it might make it sound that way.  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the track, groove & playing, also the space in the mix..all fits nicely.

Thanks! You are the master of giving the instruments their space, your mixes are in my mind when I try to do mine.

On 1/29/2023 at 1:29 PM, freddy j said:

Beautiful song and some excellent playing.  I must also echo the comments above -- you have given each instrument plenty of room to be heard.

Very cool indeed!!!!

Thanks for listening freddy!

26 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Sounds really nice.  I agree with the comments about the high end.  It just might be my old ears but I think the master would benefit from a little more high.

Thanks for the listen steve.  I did do some changes to my master but I haven't updated the video here, I appreciate the suggestions.