Screensets, where did they go?

Chet

Just trying out Cakewalk by Bandlab, thinking of moving from Sonar Platinum.

What happened to Screensets (one of the most useful things Sonar had)?

Why won't Cakewalk by Bandlab remember my toolbar settings?

Why doesn't the F key (fit to screen) work in Cakewalk by bandlab?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Chet
spelling

31 minutes ago, Chet said:

Just trying out Cakewalk by bandlab, thinking of moving from Sonar Platinum.

What happened to Screensets (one of the most useful things Sonar had)?

Why won't Cakewalk by Bandlab remember my toolbar settings?

Why doen't the F key (fit to screen) work in Cakewalk by bandlab?

Thanks for any help!

CbB still has Screensets, flexibility with customizing the Control Bar, and Key Bindings.  Not sure why you aren't seeing them or why they aren't working for you.  What Workspace are you using?  Try either none or Advanced because sometimes other Workspaces don't have features enabled.  

Also, have you looked in  the current Reference Guide or online documentation?

I don't intentionally use Screensets any more and only use a few keyboard shortcuts.  Maybe an other user can tell you if the F shortcut has changed. I have different Control Bar configurations for different types of projects, mostly a floating one with most modules collapsed and only the floating, resizable Transport Module (Large) showing.

Right-clicking on the Control Bar should bring up a context menu where you can set it up, lock it, etc. Right-clicking on any module should bring up the context menu for any individual module, including the Tools module.  I don't change that myself.  If there is a problem with the settings not being saved, maybe another user can help with that.

Sorry, I can't help with the specifics, I just wanted you to know Screensets are still a part of Cakewalk, keyboard short cuts still work, and in my experience settings do get retained, although there have been some changes, such as various settings for some default behaviors. 

In fact, I just used F to get my tracks equally spaced verticcally. 

• Thanks 1

If you're missing any part of the UI, it's likely hidden by a Workspace. Try using Advanced from the dropdown box in the top right of the screen.

This is also likely your toolbar issue as well since it's applied at startup. So you'd set that to None or you would save your layout as a New Workspace.

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

If you're missing any part of the UI, it's likely hidden by a Workspace. Try using Advanced from the dropdown box in the top right of the screen.

This is also likely your toolbar issue as well since it's applied at startup. So you'd set that to None or you would save your layout as a New Workspace.

Hey thanks Tim! This fixed my problem.

I've been using Sonar since Sonar 5 up to Sonar Platinum, so my templates and toolbar had been set up for so long i forgot how to change them.

Thanks again!!

• Like 1