Add the ability to search for plugins in the menu

Yes, in the plugin categories. In order not to scroll through a very long list of names of all the effects available in the list.
It would be even more convenient to be able to sort immediately by manufacturer at the time of creating your own menu.

Edited by Александр Кулаев

That'll have to be added by the Devs, but I'm not sure it would be high on their priority list...
The .pgl files that are created by the Plug-in Manager are just .xml files, so it wouldn't be too difficult to write a substitute editor if someone already had code that pulls the plug-in data from the  registry  (ahem, @scook 😋)

BTW, I 've found that organizing plugins directly in the Plugin Browser to be a lot easier than using the Plugin Editor.

Edited by Variorum
Mention the Plugin Browser features
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Variorum said:

That'll have to be added by the Devs, but I'm not sure it would be high on their priority list...
The .pgl files that are created by the Plug-in Manager are just .xml files, so it wouldn't be too difficult to write a substitute editor if someone already had code that pulls the plug-in data from the  registry  (ahem, @scook 😋)

@TheSteven already developed a layout editor called MenuMagic.

Not going to write a free editor to complete with his product.

(FWIW, it's on sale this month)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scook said:

@TheSteven's already developed a layout editor called MenuMagic.

Never knew this existed. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a forum topic that listed third-party products like this. Technically it would be advertising, but it would be helpful for Bandlab users to be aware of them.
If that isn't possible, I'd be happy to add a page to my site to promote them.

• Like 1