Safe mode crashing at the same point every time

Light Grenade

Question

Hi folks, 

A latest project, which is very big, has run into a plugin issue and hard quits when trying to open. 

I have tried to identify the problem with safe mode by disabling any plugins I think could be problematic, namely plugins I haven't got on other projects, or plugins I rarely use. 

In safe mode, the program quits at the same point every time. I have tried disabling the 5 plugins directly before the crash, yet the crash still happens. 

Does anyone know if a crash occurring at the same time means anything? I've never run into Cakewalk hard quitting during safe mode. The same is happening to all my backup files for this project too. 

• i7-8700k
  • 16GB RAM
  • Focusrite Clarret 4PRE

Cheers

Edited by Light Grenade

4 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Light Grenade said:

I have tried to identify the problem with safe mode by disabling any plugins I think could be problematic, namely plugins I haven't got on other projects, or plugins I rarely use. 

In safe mode, the program quits at the same point every time. I have tried disabling the 5 plugins directly before the crash, yet the crash still happens. 

So, excluding a subset of the plug-ins in the project is not enough. Does the project load when bypassing them all?

Look for a minidump to send to support.

If there is no minidump and the problem is plug-in related, try temporarily setting ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 7 in Preferences > File > Initialization File.

16 minutes ago, scook said:

So, excluding a subset of the plug-ins in the project is not enough. Does the project load when bypassing them all?

Look for a minidump to send to support.

If there is no minidump and the problem is plug-in related, try temporarily setting ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 7 in Preferences > File > Initialization File.

Yeah, everything loads when bypassing them all.

I forgot I hadn't updated the initialization file on this system, thanks for reminding me. 

I will give that a shot.

Edited by Light Grenade