Piano Roll is +1 semitone after the first verse

I started making a song from an idea a little bit ago and it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, now that I want to add to it i'm encountering this problem where every midi note on the piano roll (and during the playback) of my lead instrument is 1 semitone above what it should be (ie. C5 sounds like D5). Is this a setting or something? There is no automation on the affected track and it's kind of driving me insane. It only happens after my first verse in the timeline, pls help!

2 hours ago, Sub to Lambfire said:

I started making a song from an idea a little bit ago and it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, now that I want to add to it i'm encountering this problem where every midi note on the piano roll (and during the playback) of my lead instrument is 1 semitone above what it should be (ie. C5 sounds like D5). Is this a setting or something? There is no automation on the affected track and it's kind of driving me insane. It only happens after my first verse in the timeline, pls help!

No WHEEL events in the lead instrument MIDI track prior to the start of the first verse? (can use Event list view to check)

I usually place a WHEEL > 0 event in each set of MIDI initialisation events at the start of all project’s MIDI tracks.

Are you adding a new virtual instrument? Unfortunately there is no standard on what C1 is. I've seen discrepancies between various VSTis of up to +/- 2 octaves. You may be experiencing this between your VSTi and Cakewalk. In another DAW it may be fine, or even farther off. Some VSTis allow you to transpose their outputs to fix this.

6 hours ago, fret_man said:

Are you adding a new virtual instrument? Unfortunately there is no standard on what C1 is. I've seen discrepancies between various VSTis of up to +/- 2 octaves. You may be experiencing this between your VSTi and Cakewalk. In another DAW it may be fine, or even farther off. Some VSTis allow you to transpose their outputs to fix this.

I see what you mean and have run across what you are describing, but the OP is referring to C5 and D5. Same octave... and that's actually 2 semitones apart.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1