This piece started with the intension of adding a short intro to another track titled "What we dream".  As things progressed, I was having trouble making the transition, and every attempt I made to get the two tracks to blend together resulted in the intro becoming longer and longer, until I finally gave up and gave it its own title.  I don't do many soundscapes, but I really had fun putting this together.  Hope you enjoy it. 

“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung

Edited by FreeEarCandy
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Remined me a bit of Pink Floyd at the start then it morphed into Genesis territory - great mix as well.

I really liked it, cool stuff

Nigel

3 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice work I like all that high frequency stuff.  Well at my age it is high frequency - that's all I got remaining in that range.

Thanks Nigel & Steve.  I appreciate the comments and glad you enjoyed the head trip. 

Nigel. I've listened to a lot of Pink Floyd & Genesis, so I have no doubts they both have had a big influence on me. 

Steve. I think we both have the same problem.

Wow. It just so happened I caught this one with me good headphones on, lying on the couch. My immediate response was to close my eyes and drift.

Great work, nice panning, super calm, suitable for yoga or meditation session.

Not a crit at all, but another choice would be to add back a little more low midrange to the piano? It sounded like an upright floating in space. If I'm in space, how about a grand??? I mean, I'm dying out there in the cold vacuum, throw me at least a six footer. 😅

So nicely done, thanks for the voyage!

cheers,

-Tom

Thought the production was pretty cool, then listened through headphones and got a whole new experience.   What you have done with the spaces is quite exceptional.   Had to have a couple listens through:)   Could definitely hear this in a movie or TV show soundtrack.    

Regards

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 12:04 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Wow. It just so happened I caught this one with me good headphones on, lying on the couch. My immediate response was to close my eyes and drift.

Great work, nice panning, super calm, suitable for yoga or meditation session.

Not a crit at all, but another choice would be to add back a little more low midrange to the piano? It sounded like an upright floating in space. If I'm in space, how about a grand??? I mean, I'm dying out there in the cold vacuum, throw me at least a six footer. 😅

So nicely done, thanks for the voyage!

cheers,

-Tom

Ha! 6ft grand? Just so happens I have one of those in my top pocket! I can even put Red Hot Chili Peppers on it to warm you up. :) Glad you liked the intro to nowhere, Tom, and thanks for the kind words. I did a quick look and I probably could push a little more around 200hz. Thanks! Dean.

11 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I could see this in a soundtrack.

t

It has a place. I just couldn't find it. Thanks, t. 

4 hours ago, mark skinner said:

The whale visions were intense in the intro.     Cool ..                       mark

The song I was trying to match this up with has some slide guitar. So, that was my first go to. I never considered that it sounds like "whales" calling, but it sort of does now that you made the connection. Cool interpretation. Thanks, Mark!

3 hours ago, markno999 said:

Thought the production was pretty cool, then listened through headphones and got a whole new experience.   What you have done with the spaces is quite exceptional.   Had to have a couple listens through:)   Could definitely hear this in a movie or TV show soundtrack.    

Regards

Thanks for listening, markno999.  Glad you had some good cans to take it in. Otherwise much will indeed be lost in a piece like this one-IMO. Thanks for listening and letting me know what you thought. Good or bad, always appreciated! Dean

• Like 1