Can't Place Notes In The Piano Roll?

Scurlly

Tried asking this in the Discord with no luck so I thought to ask it here.

So I have my hat here that I wanted to manually place notes down for in the piano roll

unknown.png

Then when I go to Edit - view - piano roll view I get this and I can't place any notes

unknown.png?width=1313&height=671

For things like the snare and kick I simply copy and pasted instead of using the piano roll so I don't know if that had something to do with it, I'm new to this software so this must end up being a dumb question but I'd appreciate some help.

13 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Looks like you've got the select tool selected - that will be why you can't add notes:

image.png.67f29f1d369a40ca520936267ce406f8.png

You need to use either the smart,  edit or draw tool.

Thank you for the reply but I don't think that's it, since I tried all the options and still get the same results

From the images above it appears that

track 6 is an audio track. It has nothing to do with the PRV or

track 2, a MIDI track, which is active in the PRV.

The PRV shows all three panes

1. The Drum Grid Pane - this is used when a drum map is loaded in an Instrument or MIDI track
  2. The Notes Pane - this is the pane expecting notes for Track 2.
  3. The Controller Pane - this is for CC data and optionally shows the velocity of the the notes.

May want to drag the sash between to Drum Grid and Notes Pane up to show more of the Notes Pane.

Also change the tool the smart tool to enter notes.

After you select your "midi" track , open the prv. Select your "smart" tool. When you get ready to place a note on the grid, you have to click and use a "slight drag" to the right with your mouse to place the note. This is much better than the earlier Sonar prv.  It's very hard to "accidentally" place notes with mouse clicks.      mark