Old Audio Tape and photos slide show

bjornpdx

https://vimeo.com/349172287/7520be7ea9

At the risk of totally embarrassing myself I'm posting this slide show/video.  

Back in the 1950's when everything was in black and white and analog, my father made an audio tape of my brother and me singing a couple of songs. I cleaned up the tape noise and then chopped up the audio into short phrases, then arranged them to make them fit the background music I wrote. Might be obvious in a couple of places. All done in Cakewalk.

Nowadays your entire life has been recorded from your very first day on earth, but back then it was pretty rare to have an audio recording of yourself. Have to say that my singing talents have gone downhill since then.

Audio in CbB
Video in Vegas Pro.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Agreed on the sharing part, thanks! I thought the mix was really good. Music and all singing was in time. Really good work to get it like that and not make it seem like it was 'fixed'! In fact, I don't even remember hearing any type of tape hiss at all. And still the old audio came through without sounding like it lost anything. Good job.

• Like 1

What an absoflippinlutely wonderful treat it was to watch (and listen) to this video!!!  I know that we have all been trapped by someone showing us pictures of babies, grandkids, etc. but I really appreciate that you shared this.  You did an excellent job with the music.  In particular, I liked how the clips of the singing were incorporated into the video and how the tempo of the music matched the singing.

Brilliant --- Kudos!!!

• Like 1