The Mirror Paradigm

Larry T.

Hey Hi....latest music....observations, suggestions, critiques, questions welcomed. This one is The Mirror Paradigm:

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/the-mirror-paradigm

mirror 633x768 Narcissus.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike Enjo at #creativesauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

That is a great picture you picked for this song.  And the song sounds great - I like the mix decisions you made.  Is that a software bass or the real thing?

Thanks Steve. I did an image search for "mirror" and this was one of the hits, and it really did hit me as the right fit for the song. The mix is the result of lots of trial and error and some luck/good fortune. The bass is the real thing double mixed, my 4 string Yamaha RBX170  through a Focusrite Scarlett Solo and then the CbB TH3 simulator and also just the bass signal through an auxiliary track without the TH3. There's also one bass passage where I added a Boss Flange pedal. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶 

1 minute ago, KSband said:

Interesting moody piece, nice work.

Thanks. You're not the only one who has noticed that, and rightly so. It's not an overtly happy type song and isn't meant to be. It's just not that kind of song. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 1/23/2023 at 8:11 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Great track Larry, I'm not sure why  but it reminded me of Larry Coryell. Enjoyed it.

Thanks! I've been really into jazz guitar the last few years. There's a great YouTube instructor that's been a huge help. Her name is Sandra Sherman: 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:35 AM, DeeringAmps said:

👍's

t

Thanks Tom!

On 1/23/2023 at 8:53 AM, freddy j said:

Nice playing, introspective and lovely song!  Well done!

Thank You freddy!

On 1/28/2023 at 8:11 AM, Jesse Screed said:

Vert Nice Larry, you engineered this real fine.

The bass is nice.

Great sounds all around.

A pensive piece for introspection.

Thanks Jesse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1