RIP David Crosby

bitflipper

I remember as a child reading in the newspaper about a guy who was 120 years old. He was a civil war veteran. When asked his secret to longevity, he said he ate a bag of peanuts every day of his life. Well, I love peanuts, so there ya go. I pretty much each peanuts daily myself.

Of course, it just makes sense to learn from those who've manage to live so long. That's why I've been on both the Keith Richards and/or the David Crosby regimens for so much of my life. It's not an easy plan. For one thing, I have yet to bed a famous folk singer, and the probability that I ever will is now vanishingly low. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add as a comment that when I saw David Crosby perform  (the last time for me) he played the song Delta. One of his best I think. Before he started the song he told a story about how he was with Jackson Browne when he wrote the song. It was during the period, as he said, he was a "Junkie". Crosby talked about how he wanted to get up and get more drugs but Jackson made him promise to finish the song first. So with the help of Jackson Browne we got Delta.

There is a part of the song that goes:

"I love the child
Who steers this riverboat
But lately he's crazy
For the deep"

I always figured it was a self reference - now I think it was about the drugs.

David Crosby later said that the police saved his life when they arrested him.