Thy Kingdom Come

Starise

Well the title probably raised more questions than answers. 

This is an orchestral piece I'm working on. I think there's something odd going on with SC. I don't pay anyone for exposure, but it appears one of those promo sites latched onto me? I really don't know. Ugh I need to change that grainy pic I loaded. 1st version on a private track.

https://soundcloud.com/starise/thy-kingdom-come-1st-version

Edited by Starise
  • Like 6

Tim
Yes, beautiful music for sure. Orchestration seems daunting to me, but you did a great job on that. Not sure if it even applies to classical music, but it seemed like I wasn't hearing enough low end in the song?

I report spammers on Sound Cloud all the time. It's getting ridiculous.

@David Sprouse, Thank you!

@ SPAK much appreciated!

@Wookie, I'm not exactly sure what happened. The one site I suspect I can't prove they did anything.  On SC to gain plays someone has to play the track. I have been solicited by them before.Those sites somehow give listeners a benefit to listen to your track and charge you to use the service. If it is some kind of a promotional thing, I was never informed of it which makes no sense, since they would want to take credit for it.  None of this ever made any sense to me because A. There is no monetary gain in any of it. B. Promotional exposure is just more people on SC listening. None of them are paying customers.They just click play. C. Why would I pay someone to promote me in a place where promotion doesn't matter, or put another way, why would I want plays from people who are only playing the track because they work for a promotional service? I guess I fail to see any relevancy to any of it. Maybe I'm missing something.

bjorn, thank you! I made two versions of this. This one is more aggressive and might have more bottom end. Which would you keep?

https://soundcloud.com/starise/thy-kingdom-come-1st-version

@Will Hacket- Thanks for your suggestions.

@Amicus 717, Thanks. That sound came from a precision sound library. The rest was mostly Amadeus.

@ZincT, Thank you! It's just a bunch of kontakt libraries and me playing them.

@The Galtieriebrothers, Thank you for listening.

• 4 weeks later...

this is primo for the right movie. Very enjoyable journey.

What is your brass patch? Occasionally the trombones hit a little to hard (for me) and you get a stab where you might want a swell? Early on in the piece, particularly. Easy to edit that down with midi velocity.

Beyond that, I feel this is a real "composition" that tells a story.

cheers,

-Tom