Humble Get Into Music Bundle

BTP

Got a song in your heart and want to share it with the world? Pick up this variety-packed bundle and start composing! Build an instant virtual studio with synthesizers, the award-winning Boom 3D audio enhancer and equalizer, instruments, and more essential tools. Get a library of loops, SFX, MIDI files, presets, and more sounds to help you unleash your creativity. Score $1,000+ worth of audio software, and help support Direct Relief with your purchase.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/get-into-music-variety-pack-software

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A lot of the music-related bundles from Humble and Fanatical can be sort of 'meh', where the standalone sample packs are concerned. (And that aspect of this one isn't terribly exciting personally, to be honest.)

But if you're invested in the AAS universe, this is effectively a sale on selected AAS sound packs:

For $1 or more:

Synbiosis for Chromaphone 3 (or AAS Player; all packs work in the free player)
Masala for String Studio VS-3

For $10 or more, add:

Cardinals for Chromaphone 3
Low End Theory for Ultra Analog VS-3

For $20 or more, add:

Abstractions for Ultra Analog VS-3
plus the AAS Session pack (Strum, Lounge Lizard, Ultra Analog VSTs) and Objeq Delay

Not too shabby, considering single sound packs are $19 on frequent half-off sales.

• Thanks 3

Just My Opinion: For anyone still using the older SONAR Edition of the Sessions Bundle that wants Session versions that are not tied to SONAR/Cakewalk, this is a good deal--update Strum Session, Lounge Lizard Session, Ultra Analog Session, plus get Objeq Delay and 5 older Sound Packs (as well as some non-AAS stuff).  Two years ago I got a similar bundle (also $20 or more but with 5 different Sound Packs) and qualified for sale prices on instrument upgrades that were lower because I was upgrading from the registered Session version. 

Not saying this will meet anyone's specific needs; just pointing out some possible benefits in case you were thinking about it anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Be sure to check what you already own.  The lowest tier (and many in the higher tiers) were part of a dirt cheap bundle thing a few years ago I believe.  

• Good point for those who have AAS stuff already.  If the bundle you mentioned is the one I got in in January 2021, here's what I got:
    • Sound Packs:
      • Cinémathèque – Ultra Analog VA-3 and AAS Player sound pack
      • Entangled Species – String Studio VS-3 and AAS Player sound pack
      • Multiverse – Chromaphone 3 and AAS Player sound pack
      • Plastic Pop – Ultra Analog VA-3 and AAS Player sound pack
      • Starlight – Ultra Analog VA-3 and AAS Player sound pack
    • Instruments
      • Ultra Analog Session 2 – Analog Synthesizer
      • Lounge Lizard Session 4 – Electric Piano
      • Strum Session 2 – Acoustic Guitar
    • FX
      • Objeq Delay – Acoustic Filter and Delay

I am assuming anyone who got the Tier 3 Bundle at that time got the same Sound Packs, but I agree: people should check what they already have.

Edited by User 905133
update in response to Brian Walton's excellent suggestion
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I think OBJEQ DELAY alone is a steal at $20.  

It has been $10 a few times and also a "free with any purchase" at plugin boutique (which made it ~$5)

But other than that, yes a high quality delay for a reasonable price.  However, I think they need to update the presets to include more standard affair instead of mostly wacked out esoteric ideas.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

If it responded to MIDI CCs, I'd agree.

Forgive my ignorance, but would something like MCCGenerator help control Objeq Delay?

Objeq Delay is a secret weapon, in all its wacked out esoteric glory. More patches would always be welcome, of course (although it has over 250 stock ones). It's hard to have it not do something interesting to whatever sound I put it on. On the weird sound tool continuum, Glitchmachines' manglaz occupy the far end of controllability and ready gratification, then Freakshow Industries', then Unfiltered Audio's, with Objeq Delay the easiest to get usable weird sounds from.

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Well, most of the Objeq Delay parameters are exposed for use in automation lanes, so that's of some use.

Yes, for those who like automation lanes.

Cakewalk's automation has never fit my work flow. I have work arounds,** but since CCs have been such a basic part of MIDI since the beginning and continue to be both useful and used, the lack of that kind of MIDI control is an omission.  I pride myself on being resourceful enough to design workarounds, but sometimes its nice to use direct approaches.

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Forgive my ignorance, but would something like MCCGenerator help control Objeq Delay?

Thanks for the suggestion; I will give it a try, but since the parameters are exposed to other software, I fully expect MCCGenerator should provide another successful workaround.

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Objeq Delay is a secret weapon, in all its wacked out esoteric glory. More patches would always be welcome, of course (although it has over 250 stock ones). It's hard to have it not do something interesting to whatever sound I put it on. 

Just to be clear, I agree with this ^^^^ and have always found its creative potential agrees with the stuff I do

My point was simply one about $20 for objeq delay alone. As noted, it was previously offered for $10 and free with purchase.  I paid more for mine and have not regretted it.   

For newbies, not having the convenience of remote control assignment of knobs and sliders might produce a WTF?!?! moment. After speaking so highly of AAS and the bundle, I dreaded having someone buy the bundle and come back in to complain, "Why did you guys make me waste my valuable time and money on this?  I tried Objeq Delay  and IT DOSENENT WORK WITH MY EXPENSIVE/STATE-OF-THE-ART______________ KEYBOARD!!!!! You guys shouldn't be making recommendations."  [Disclosure:  Parody intended - a few people do this kind of thing, and in my old age I can no longer sympathize.  Apologies if my hyperbolic parody strikes home and bothers you!  It is a parody, dammit. Grumppfff.]

NOTE(S):

**My go-to workaround is Voltage Modular.  It is child's play for me to put Objeq Delay in there and use the Plug-in Host module to assign remote control CCs.  Works interconnected with CbB (VM as an FX Rack within CbB).  

[This space reserved for reporting results of the MCCGenerator workaround.]

Update: I started to try, but setting up MCCGenerator is taking way too much time for me.  I might try another time.  Since I already have the VM FX Rack approach down pat, I'll stick with that, but thanks for the suggestion.   Also, I can already send CCs (learned and generated) from VM to control plug-ins inside of CbB.  I'll spend my Melda learning time with Chandler's MSF videos!  

Edited by User 905133
To add an update re the MCCGenerator suggestion
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Be sure to check what you already own.  The lowest tier (and many in the higher tiers) were part of a dirt cheap bundle thing a few years ago I believe.  

AAS used to be good at letting you sub duplicate packs for ones you don't own. Does anyone know if they're offering that with this bundle?

Even if they don't, there are two up for grabs I don't have, so $10 apiece isn't the worst price. 

• Like 1

I already have every one of the A|A|S products included in the bundle. The threshold would be two soundpacks and I'd give away the rest of the serials, but alas.

My #1 feature request of A|A|S Player would be to expose reverb as a parameter. Those patches sound amazing, but I like to use my own reverb. But I get that they really want you to buy Chromophone and/or whatever synth goes with your soundpacks.

BTW, even though their installer no longer spews duplicate DLL's all over the landscape, there's still no way to tell it which formats you want it to install. So if you don't want the VST2's and AAX's, you still have to manually delete them.

And @User 905133, I know you love you some Objeq Delay, that wasn't directed at you. I, too think that in these days, as much communication as you can get with your MIDI controller is important. With the establishment of the DAW as a live performance instrument.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starship Krupa said:

And @User 905133, I know you love you some Objeq Delay, that wasn't directed at you. I, too think that in these days, as much communication as you can get with your MIDI controller is important. With the establishment of the DAW as a live performance instrument.

After considering the "why?" that A|A|S omitted the MIDI learn functions for CC on Objeq Delay, I have come to this consideration...

1. "Why?" - Their virtual instruments all have their macro knobs and the knobs in the editor panels assignable to MIDI learn.

2. Maybe they assumed that nobody would want to "play" Objeq Delay in real time from a controller? Or maybe a perceived potential conflict with the assignable CC #s that the instruments would be using? Otherwise, I can't understand why this feature was omitted...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

My #1 feature request of A|A|S Player would be to expose reverb as a parameter. Those patches sound amazing, but I like to use my own reverb. But I get that they really want you to buy Chromophone and/or whatever synth goes with your soundpacks.

Just go ahead and buy Chromaphone 3 on the next 50% off deal. You know that you really want it! ;)

I started collecting the free packs and decided that was the synth for me. But now I have that synth, and every stinking one of the packs for it! No regrets!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Steve Madden said:

AAS used to be good at letting you sub duplicate packs for ones you don't own. Does anyone know if they're offering that with this bundle?

Even if they don't, there are two up for grabs I don't have, so $10 apiece isn't the worst price. 

They used to do it, but last time I contacted them, they told me they won’t do it anymore.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, User 905133 said:

**My go-to workaround is Voltage Modular.  It is child's play for me to put Objeq Delay in there and use the Plug-in Host module to assign remote control CCs.  Works interconnected with CbB (VM as an FX Rack within CbB).  

@User 905133I thought about this for another minute, and it inspired me to come up with another workaround that is easy to implement with a few clicks if you have Unify by PluginGuru. The cool thing about this is that you can save the entire setup as a Unify patch.

Unify has 4 banks of 8 macro knobs that can be linked to any parameter in a Unify instrument layer, including FX plugs used in that layer. Then each macro knob can be MIDI learned on your controller, or assigned to a MIDI CC.

As a test I inserted an instrument on a new layer, and then added Objeq Delay. In the linked parameters list for a macro knob (you right-click a macro knob to access the parameter links) the FX parameters are listed at the bottom of the instrument menu.

Works great with Unify in standalone mode, or as a plugin! I saved a demo patch for this setup in Unify standalone. Then opened up my DAW and loaded this patch in an plugin instance of Unify, and the MIDI learned knob on my controller and the parameter assignment for Objeq Delay remained in place within Unify. So like Voltage Modular, Unify easily handles the host duties. In this case as a host within another host, making it quite portable! :)