Spitfire Originals Rare Flutes

cclarry

18 hours ago, Fleer said:

No legato :(

Good information to know. You'd think that they could at least have done scripted legato, like was done with the free Pocket Blakus cello library for KONTAKT.  While it's not as good as more sophisticated approaches, it at least gives the sample library user a legato option. Of course, I realize someone will say, "But it's 29 bucks!" which I totally get too.  However, a legato script isn't rocket science (I'm told). 

On 1/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, PavlovsCat said:

Good information to know. You'd think that they could at least have done scripted legato, like was done with the free Pocket Blakus cello library for KONTAKT.  While it's not as good as more sophisticated approaches, it at least gives the sample library user a legato option. Of course, I realize someone will say, "But it's 29 bucks!" which I totally get too.  However, a legato script isn't rocket science (I'm told). 

I hate that standard.   It really comes down to usable or not so usable. 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

I hate that standard.   It really comes down to usable or not so usable. 

I don't follow your point.  Either a legato is there, can easily be added via scripting, or it's not. It's about the included articulations or, at least the ability to add a scripted legato,  which is possible for KONTAKT libraries,  but I don't think is possible with Originals libraries (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Of course , at this price point, the market doesn't usually get or expect a legato, but again,  you can add a scripted legato with KONTAKT libraries. I'm merely saying I wish developers would start at least including scripted legato in even low cost libraries like this. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't follow your point.  Either a legato is there, can easily be added via scripting, or it's not. It's about the included articulations or, at least the ability to add a scripted legato,  which is possible for KONTAKT libraries,  but I don't think is possible with Originals libraries (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Of course , at this price point, the market doesn't usually get or expect a legato, but again,  you can add a scripted legato with KONTAKT libraries. I'm merely saying I wish developers would start at least including scripted legato in even low cost libraries like this. 

I hate that standard.  But it is Spitfire's player you are talking about.   Might as well port them  to Reason NNXT as well.