https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1896-Rhodes-Missing-Keys-Competition

- INTRODUCING: THE V8 - THE VERY FIRST RHODES VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT 

- ADD 'MISSING KEYS' TO THE NEW RHODES FILM USING A FREE TRIAL OF THE V8

- SUBMIT YOUR TRACKS TO JUDGES JAMES BLAKE AND YARD ACT'S JAMES SMITH 

- GRAND PRIZE: RHODES MK8 PIANO AND V8 PRO EDITION 

- 19 RUNNERS UP: RHODES V8 AND SOFTWARE BUNDLES

WIN A RHODES MK8

• Like 2

I am surprised this has not prompted more interest and discussion. I am trying the demo and it is very good, probably better than any other virtual Rhodes I have. I do still have a very soft spot for OTS's Famous E but I think the instruments would be complimentary, the Famous E has a character all of its own.

It won't be cheap $180 for the standard and $250 for the pro version, so I will have to consider if its THAT much better than my other option.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

t won't be cheap $180 for the standard and $250 for the pro version, so I will have to consider if its THAT much better than my other option.

That is my take on this Rhodes too.  I mike consider it if I could get it at a nice sale. But I already have enough to choose from.

The demos sound VERY good. But I'm covered when it comes to Rhodes with the Famous E and already owned a bunch of decent Rhodes libraries before that came out. Now if this was a Wurlitzer electric piano, I'd be all over it. So I understand why others who are Rhodes fanatics may end up getting this. I would be interested if a high end sample developer -- or the OEM companies themselves -- came out with sample library or plugin of the Wurlitzer or Valente electric pianos. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1