Science that you can't argue with...

PavlovsCat

When I was in Junior High School, I was in the school band, but after school I was in a rock and roll band. We were terrible, but so was everybody else at the time. We practiced and practiced trying our best to figure out the hit songs of the day (by ear, it was the dark ages) and play them.

We got our first gig at a school dance. There I was on the stage with my best friends, playing with 90% energy and 10% technique. I was having the time of my life, and when I looked down off stage, that cute girl who didn't even acknowledge my existence in English class was "making eyes" at me. And at the end of the night they paid me $10 (which bought about what $100 does today). That's when I said, "This is what I want to do for the rest of my life!!!"

I was on the road after the free-love revolution and before AIDS put a ***** on that movement, and every girl I've ever met was introduced to me by my saxophone (*****ophone), including the best one of all, who I married. She is also a musician, and my duo partner since 1985.

I don't need no stinkin' scientific proof, I have personal experience. I made love to women who were way above my pay grade. :D

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

• Like 2

Yeah, my wife has worked as a pro -- singer and theatre work -- and she's very good (although I may have a bias).

She's also smoking hot. And that's not bias -- everyone else thinks so too, and when they look at her and then me, they go: "dude...seriously, how...?"

At which point she says: "we worked together for years as musicians, and he's awesome to play with."

And then folks nod slowly: "ah...ok"

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The music industry had always been about the visual.

It reminds of seeing videos of EVH son who may be even more talented than his dad.  People mentioned his weight but not the music ability.

BTW I'm living proof that study is bogus.

Wolfgang is very talented and really funny too. 

33 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The music industry had always been about the visual.

It reminds of seeing videos of EVH son who may be even more talented than his dad.  People mentioned his weight but not the music ability.

BTW I'm living proof that study is bogus.

What instrument do you attempt to play ;)  

27 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

However, what the questionnaire omitted to specify was that there must be someone else in the room at the time. 😂😂😂

That other someone that must be in the room for this to work is called alcohol! But I definitely agree that getting on stage and playing music well absolutely does has an impact on attractiveness based on my years playing professionally.  I've seen people attracted to musicians and singers that I think otherwise would not have occurred. So while I can't speak to whether this is a scientifically valid study, I seriously think that there is an extra appeal of musicians and performers on audiences over their not being in that role. 

41 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

Is this the same study that concluded guys who work in IT have more ***** than anyone else?

However, what the questionnaire omitted to specify was that there must be someone else in the room at the time. 😂😂😂

No study needed to conclude that guys who work in IT have more sugar than anyone else.  (With coffee being a close second!)

As for the what the sentence with the censorship is actually saying, well, there's this well-known joke about computer nerds! 😁

"S ex?  Oh yeah!  I have a LOT of s ex!  Heck, I had s ex five times last night alone!  But I do mean alone... 😕"

• Haha 1

The auto-censored word had three letters and rhymed with rex - really? 

Agree with the sentiment though, picking up a guitar and playing or sitting at a piano (even busking) and you're in with a chance.

Write a (good) song for someone and you're made.

A

On 1/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, Byron Dickens said:

she's smoking hot.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:20 AM, Amicus717 said:

She's also smoking hot.

On 1/19/2023 at 8:30 AM, Notes_Norton said:

I made love to women

17 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

more *****

16 hours ago, craigb said:

"S ex?  Oh yeah!  I have a LOT of s ex!  Heck, I had s ex five times last night

very interesting!