Zoom Fader Focus?

HOOK

When using the vertical zoom fader in the lower right hand corner of the clips pane, I can't seem to figure out what the trick is to getting the correct track to be the focus of that zoom activity.  Is there a way to do this?

Horizontal is no problem.  Zooming starts from where the Now Marker is and centers on the screen...zooming in and out from there.

Thanks.  I do understand all that.  I'm specifically asking about the use of the zoom faders.

The horizontal zoom fader centers the track view to the now marker and zooms in/out from there.  And finally, just now, figured out that the vertical zoom fader focuses on whatever clip has the track name highlighted in the audio track strip, on the left, not the actual clip that is highlighted.

I can single click and highlight a clip all day long, but the vertical zoom fader still doesn't focus on that clip unless I also have the clip name highlighted in the audio track strip.  I just discovered that I can double click a clip and the name will highlight in the audio track strip.  Then the vertical zoom fader snaps that track to the top of the track view and is focused on the clip I'm intending to zoom in on.

I find it odd, and it might be an oversight in Cakewalk...if I single click a clip (say on track 7), the highlighted track number changes in the audio track strip, but the highlighted track name remains highlighted for previous track I was working on (say track 10).  So I have a track number that's highlighted on track 7, but the track name is still highlighted on say track 10.  In this case, the vertical zoom fader is focused on the wrong track.

That sounds like something about the difference between the active track and the selected track. I don't completely understand it but it comes up at times when you, for example, copy from the active track to a selected track but don't want to change the active track. Maybe there is something in the manual about it?