Take the NUGEN Audio survey and get $100 voucher

Marina

1 hour ago, Niky Serrano said:

No idea about it, but then... the free plugin is the same

yes, but if you follow the link it says:

"Currently, this plug-in is only available for customers who complete NUGEN Audio’s annual customer survey, which closes on February 17th. You can find the survey <HERE> "

if you click on the link then it says:

"This survey has now closed. We are busy analysing the results. Many thanks to all those who have taken part"

It's not entirely clear to me how to get the plugin ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simon said:

yes, but if you follow the link it says:

"Currently, this plug-in is only available for customers who complete NUGEN Audio’s annual customer survey, which closes on February 17th. You can find the survey <HERE> "

if you click on the link then it says:

"This survey has now closed. We are busy analysing the results. Many thanks to all those who have taken part"

It's not entirely clear to me how to get the plugin ?

Ops!
It seems an old web page or they didn't updated it correctly

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

It's not like you missed anything.

you're obviously not a Nugen fan :D. Which of their plugins have you used that has led to to dislike them so much ?

I've quite a few of their plugs and think they are pretty good.  

The $100/£74 voucher is pretty good too - means you can pick up some plugins for free or pocket money prices.  The minimum spend is simply the voucher amount so you can't really say fairer than that.

• Like 2

I was talking about the freebie, but I'll play.

I've tried Stereoizer and found the free Ozone Imager to do exactly the same thing equally well. Also, the other stuff in the Focus bundle seems like extremely simple stuff bloated up with fancy GUIs and sold for premium prices.

Apart from that, I feel indifferent towards the company. They seem to do post production stuff well, so I'll leave that to the actual professionals.

sorry, I assumed it was more than just not liking Stereoizer as you said.

17 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Didn't have a use for this last year and won’t this year either.

If you are careful with what you put in your basket you can get ABAssist / Jotter and something like Sigmod for free or for just a couple of $

Sigmod is a pretty useful utility plug (IMO) - I use it all the time.

1 hour ago, Jan Schmitz said:

It's not like you missed anything.

actually Aligner is another useful freebie utility - again I assume you haven't used it.

Personally I don't find it useful just chiming in on deals threads with negative quips without explain why, even more so if you haven't used the product.

• Like 1

I didn't find a freebie but 2 plugins that "are only available for people who have completed the survey", A|B Assist and Jotter ($44 for both)

(A|B assist is actually not that exclusive, the AAX version has been available through the Pro Tools downloads for quite a few years)

From the page https://nugenaudio.com/after-survey/ click on the button "Buy A/B assist and Jotter" (note that if you click on the links to the product pages you won't be able to buy)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simon said:

sorry, I assumed it was more than just not liking Stereoizer as you said.

If you are careful with what you put in your basket you can get ABAssist / Jotter and something like Sigmod for free or for just a couple of $

Sigmod is a pretty useful utility plug (IMO) - I use it all the time.

actually Aligner is another useful freebie utility - again I assume you haven't used it.

Personally I don't find it useful just chiming in on deals threads with negative quips without explain why, even more so if you haven't used the product.

You are right and I apologise. Aligner isn't useful to me personally, but I shouldn't speak for others.

Also, I just realised I got the Focus Elements bundle with the voucher last year, and I just asked support if there's an upgrade path to the full bundle, because the "offers" in my account only show upgrades to the individual products which comes out as being more than buying the bundle outright.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

You are right and I apologise. Aligner isn't useful to me personally, but I shouldn't speak for others.

Also, I just realised I got the Focus Elements bundle with the voucher last year, and I just asked support if there's an upgrade path to the full bundle, because the "offers" in my account only show upgrades to the individual products which comes out as being more than buying the bundle outright.

In previous years I've used the vouchers to upgrade the various 'elements' plugins to the full versions for either free or just a couple of £ 

For those with more money to burn Halo upmix/downmix , SEQ-S/ST,  ISL are all great products - and the $100 voucher is pretty generous considering it's essentially a 'no minimum spend' policy.

As you mention, Nugen tend to be geared towards the Post Production industry (with pricing to match) - but lots of the stuff works great for music mixing too.

PLUS - they are a really small developer,  not one of the big multinational (PA/IKM) types and I always feel better supporting that type of operation.

Edited by simon
  • Like 4