Good recorder

Zo

13 minutes ago, Zo said:

Reading specs seems like the H1N does allwos usb transfert , ya never tried ?

Haha no. I have it for a couple of months but besides some animals, weather, trains and some random foley stuff, I haven't recorded that much. But great if it does.

• Like 1

A few years ago a friend was looking for just such a device (although she wanted it so that she could capture her piano playing and maybe some outdoor guitar playing). The H1 n was the best deal.

I even got it to act as a recording interface using the ASIO driver for another of Zoom's products. Lotta latency, though, IIRC.

@Brian Lawler, A friend gave me a Beats Pill from the "rubberized" era that had turned sticky. I couldn't get it to come off so I carefully dusted it with corn starch and it's been fine. Looks-wise, not so attractive, but at least I don't get gooey hands from picking it up. The corn starch just sticks to it and ends the stickiness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

LOL you guyz are terrible ahahah .... as a « youtuber » (hate this label ) we spend a lot of time doing those reviews for that exact reason lol ....

I decided to do you guyz a video on xils chor x , shot it yesturday.  Said to myself be fast zo , 20 min max ...results : 48 min because the thhing is deep and i was having fun .ect... gonna try to edit or reshot ...because i know people don t like long videos ... strange time ...

we used to read manual for a week to master stuff .... and a lot were in english back thhen (for young cats with scholar english level at that time , it was challenging !!)

For years the Tascam DP-006 has been consistently my favorite for recording of live choir/orchestra/band performances. I often use a Tascam DR-05 side-by-side, with the DP-006 producing more pleasing results every time. I believe the "magic" is in the microphones, which are omnidirectional and result in a more "open" sound that I consistently like better. I sometimes reduce the omnidirectionality  by placing a vocal shield (which reasonably keeps the "openness" but allow for focusing on the stage while reducing potential noises from the audience side)

The DP is a more complex machine, with options for multiple track mixing that I never need, since I end up doing all my mixing in the DAW. But I keep using the DP because, for my taste, it just produces nicer sounding recordings.

If you don't like omni mics or if size is important, that will probably disqualify the DP. In terms of price, it is generally 50%~100% above the price of the Zoom H1n/DR-05/DR-07

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

For years the Tascam DP-006 has been consistently my favorite for recording of live choir/orchestra/band performances. I often use a Tascam DR-05 side-by-side, with the DP-006 producing more pleasing results every time. I believe the "magic" is in the microphones, which are omnidirectional and result in a more "open" sound that I consistently like better. I sometimes reduce the omnidirectionality  by placing a vocal shield (which reasonably keeps the "openness" but allow for focusing on the stage while reducing potential noises from the audience side)

The DP is a more complex machine, with options for multiple track mixing that I never need, since I end up doing all my mixing in the DAW. But I keep using the DP because, for my taste, it just produces nicer sounding recordings.

If you don't like omni mics or if size is important, that will probably disqualify the DP. In terms of price, it is generally 50%~100% above the price of the Zoom H1n/DR-05/DR-07

Thks Eusebio , the most important for me is flexibility , no external  battery i need built in lithium battery and easy transfert ....

On 1/18/2023 at 1:06 PM, Zo said:

LOL you guyz are terrible ahahah .... as a « youtuber » (hate this label ) we spend a lot of time doing those reviews for that exact reason lol ....

I decided to do you guyz a video on xils chor x , shot it yesturday.  Said to myself be fast zo , 20 min max ...results : 48 min because the thhing is deep and i was having fun .ect... gonna try to edit or reshot ...because i know people don t like long videos ... strange time ...

we used to read manual for a week to master stuff .... and a lot were in english back thhen (for young cats with scholar english level at that time , it was challenging !!)

TLDR.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Zo - here's a good recorder.
Best deal on this thread.
Will never have dead batteries. Highly portable.
Can be used to play intro to Stairway to Heaven. 

Sweet deal ($4.95) at Sweetwater 

TdBwn-large.jpg.auto.webp

ahahahah 4h30 in the morning i almost threw up my cornflakes lol 

By the way never understood the english word for that , this doesn't makes sens , as a lot of english stuff , metric system being on top lol  (saying one thing writing a whole different ...lol) 

Edited by Zo

14 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks Eusebio , the most important for me is flexibility , no external  battery i need built in lithium battery and easy transfert ....

If you find one that you like but the battery is not built-in, you may want to look into AA and AAA li-ion and li-poly batteries, e.g.

https://www.amazon.fr/EBL-Rechargeables-3300mWh-Tension-Constante/dp/B08SGQZ56V/ref=sr_1_3

Nowadays that they have fast on-battery usb charging and you don't need to deal with carrying a battery charger, the loss of flexibility should be minimal

(note: I pasted an amazon link because they have better descriptions, comments, etc but this is the kind of product that can be found much cheaper from https://aliexpress.com)