AmpliTube TONEX SE $/€49.99

BTP

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Anyone notice IK is joining Sounfpaint in the bloat parade?  Tonex takes up 4gb of space.

Joining?  They invented it.  All IKM products require the full download of the product no matter which tier you buy.  It makes it easier for them to let you "test" other gear and show you what you don't own on a regular basis.  Even something as simple as T-Racks is an over 2 gig download if I'm not mistaken.

I don't have an Iphone or Ipad, but I'd love to know how much the ToneX app takes up.  I asked a friend to download it and his device didn't have enough room to download it.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Joining?  They invented it.  All IKM products require the full download of the product no matter which tier you buy.  It makes it easier for them to let you "test" other gear and show you what you don't own on a regular basis.  Even something as simple as T-Racks is an over 2 gig download if I'm not mistaken.

I don't have an Iphone or Ipad, but I'd love to know how much the ToneX app takes up.  I asked a friend to download it and his device didn't have enough room to download it.

Sadly, I totally agree. That's my biggest gripe about IKM software, much much bigger than their, already infamous here on forum, marketing style. 

3 hours ago, filo said:

Does anybody know how (or if)  is it possible to download tone model via public url link from standalone or VST ToneX app?
https://www.tone.net/tonex/tonemodels/17886

I don't think it's possible. You just have to use the search box in the app/VST and then download.

It's pretty annoying how clunky it is to browse in the app/VST.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, BTP said:

I don't think it's possible. You just have to use the search box in the app/VST and then download.

It's pretty annoying how clunky it is to browse in the app/VST.

Agree.

And even the side scroll is way too small and takes far too much precision to grab it.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.  

3 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I'm using the free CS version, which doesn't remember my browser filtering settings when I re-open the UI. Is this the same in the paid version?

I am using it in a DAW project. It remembers the setting in my DAW. Even the tweaks to the amp settings I did.

35 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Yeah, amp settings are fine. I mean the browser visibility settings that allows us to hide the amps we don't own. You need to do it every time you open the UI.

Yep, you're right. And we know they can do better since it is saved in Amplitube. Hopefully they will add this ability in a future version of ToneX. 🤞

image.png.9099e350380390bd0a878ba492b7a12f.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I'm using the free CS version, which doesn't remember my browser filtering settings when I re-open the UI. Is this the same in the paid version?

Anyone found a way to even set the default amp to something of your choice? A high gain noisy amp as the default is absurd.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Great Idea 1

32 minutes ago, Byron Dickens said:

Sez you.

How about changing it to what you want and then saving it.

I understand presets (both within Cakewalk and within ToneX) but can't figure out how to actually switch the default to somethign other than Black Angus.  

While it isn't the worst model, it does have a high noise floor (who in the world wants that as a default)?  And there are certainly better sounding amps available.  

1 hour ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Most DAWs allow you to setup a default preset for plugins.

I haven't figured out how to do this is Cakewalk with ToneX.  Yes, I can save a preset and even call it default

image.png.c89254d1dd5216c9b8815a9d847c576c.png

However, if I open a new project "Black Anugs" still remains the default and I have to use the drop down to change the amp.  Therefore it isn't really the default.  Am I missing a step in there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I understand presets (both within Cakewalk and within ToneX) but can't figure out how to actually switch the default to somethign other than Black Angus.  

While it isn't the worst model, it does have a high noise floor (who in the world wants that as a default)?  And there are certainly better sounding amps available.  

I haven't figured out how to do this is Cakewalk with ToneX.  Yes, I can save a preset and even call it default

image.png.c89254d1dd5216c9b8815a9d847c576c.png

However, if I open a new project "Black Anugs" still remains the default and I have to use the drop down to change the amp.  Therefore it isn't really the default.  Am I missing a step in there?

Hmm.. Maybe you could save it as an FX Chain preset and load it like that. A track template could also work for more elaborate setups, including default input, track icon, send FX's, etc. 

As for Tonex, I've just bought the SE version. The value in terms of sound quality, amount of free content, and low CPU usage is too hard to pass for $35.  Hopefully they'll address the browser issues.