Excuse Me Pretty Lady (Revised)

freddy j

Last month, during the time that my computer and other gear was in repair, I used my laptop to go to my SoundClick site and listen to songs that I had posted way back when.  Looking through some files I actually found some notes that I took from comments to that post.  The song was pretty raw and in general the suggestions were concerning things such as EQing, a bit of timing, panning and volume levels on some of the instruments.  So --- once my gear was back in order I made some corrections to this song.

My skills in the matters of mixing haven't improved much in the 10+ years since I first posted this song.  Hopefully, this update is a bit better than the original post.  I would very much appreciate any input on this revised version even though most will have not heard the original post to SoundClick.

Thanks!

BTW, the subject or narrator in this song is not a "masher."  It is just a tale of a lonely guy who sees some one that might be in the same state that he is in and thinks that together they might be able to help each other.

EXCUSE  ME  PRETTY  LADY

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

Edited by freddy j
added comment
  • Like 4

Hi Noynekker.  Thanks for taking the time to comment.  Yes, it is a bit thick and "in your face."  That probably resulted from working with the tracks from the old file.  They were recorded a little bit hot!  Thanks very much for the kind words.  I appreciate it!

Hi tom.  I think that I posted the original in 2010 (?).  It was pretty rough as I was very green about recording, mixing, DAWs, etc.  It is probably better (so that I can avoid embarrassment) that the updated version stands on its own.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! Much appreciated!

Hi Hidden Symmetry.  Thanks for listening and for the kind comments.  I always enjoy listening to your posts!

• Like 1

Hi KSband.  Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to respond.  Much appreciated!!

Hey Jesse.  Back to my favourite style  -- the electric Blues with a "chunka chunka" rhythm.  Thanks very much for the kind comments pal!!

Hi FreeEarCandy.  The Blues is the Blues and I love the live Blues best.  That is why I like the old early electric style the best.  Ya, production -wise some of recordings of live shows (even studio recordings) were awful and playing was -- hmmm,  --- not always stellar but oh  (!!) the feeling and humanity of the performance was outstanding.  Thanks for listening and for the kind words.

Hi Nigel.  Thanks very much for the very kind words.  They are much appreciated.

Hey Lynn.  Thanks very much for the kind comments.  I appreciate that you caught that the song was not sad but kind-of happy.  Who said that the Blues can't be happy (a rhetorical question).😉  I just responded to your last post "It's Not The Same".  Excellent work!  Thanks again for the review!

Hi Makke.  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind words.  I very much enjoyed listening to your recent post.

Hi Rik.  Every once in a while one has to go back in the alley and dust off some of the old stuff and try to tweak it a bit.  Thanks for the kind words!!

Hi Daryl.   I am adequate and I hope that you are well!  I think that I posted this song back ~10+ years ago on the old CW forum.  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind comments!!