Wavesfactory Sharine (for Kontakt)

cclarry

This is the third time i got interested and followed the link for more info.

And it's the third time it is for Kontakt without any mention of that in the post.

If it were a win vsti i'd probably bought it.

(And way down there's a text that confirms my suspicion of the Kontakt free player has hidden bad agendas.

It says i can only play 15 minutes with this software that i bought the right to use, if i use the free player.

This smell of extortion variants is unsettling. I can also scent it in other businesses than the music bis. It's spreading and i don't like it.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kurre said:

This is the third time i got interested and followed the link for more info.

And it's the third time it is for Kontakt without any mention of that in the post.

If it were a win vsti i'd probably bought it.

(And way down there's a text that confirms my suspicion of the Kontakt free player has hidden bad agendas.

It says i can only play 15 minutes with this software that i bought the right to use, if i use the free player.

This smell of extortion variants is unsettling. I can also scent it in other businesses than the music bis. It's spreading and i don't like it.)

With that screenshot of the GUI the Kontakt is pretty much implied.

And making libraries available in the free Kontakt Player means paying some serious cash to Native Instruments so for small manufacturers it's quite not a viable option.

But Sharine is great, some of the best shakers around.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kuusniemi said:

With that screenshot of the GUI the Kontakt is pretty much implied...

Just a little reflection on that.

You have had 14 hours to edit your post.

How is i to recognize kontakt software if i don't own and use Kontakt?

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

No offense Kurre, but everyone, everywhere, just about, knows what the
Kontakt GUI looks like.  If you were unaware of that, that most likely means
your relatively new to this, and that's ok.  But Kuusmiemi is right, we KNOW
what the Kontakt GUI looks like, so stating "For Kontakt" is redundant.

If you go to the product page it's also THERE, so again, stating it is redundant.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No offense Kurre, but everyone, everywhere, just about, knows what the
Kontakt GUI looks like.  If you were unaware of that, that most likely means
your relatively new to this, and that's ok.  But Kuusmiemi is right, we KNOW
what the Kontakt GUI looks like, so stating "For Kontakt" is redundant.

If you go to the product page it's also THERE, so again, stating it is redundant.

Alright, but I don't know "what Kontakt looks like" either. In the screenshot in OP what are the tell signs of Kontakt? All Kontakt instruments look different to me, mostly it's the toyish GUI design that gives them away, but I always have to guess (until reading the product page).  I have a similar frustration with Kontakt instruments because I don't use them either, they're mostly not very interesting to me, I probably won't be getting Kontakt in the foreseeable future, and because it's so ubiquitous oftentimes I have to dig for the fact that what's being sold is actually a Kontakt instrument. Just saying.

Again, you are most likely relatively new to this "VI" thing, so not surprising
that you don't know the "tell tale" signs of a Kontakt GUI...

If you look at the pic in my OP, the "Wrench" button on the top left, the 
"rounded rectangle" with the Instrument info, and everything on the 
top are  ALL Kontakt Instrument features, so, just seeing the GUI tells you,
when you see a VI, that it's for Kontakt.   Were there is a difference is
in whether or not it will work in the FREE Kontakt Player, or whether
it requires the FULL version of Kontakt!  Most will require the FULL 
Version, as the dev has to pay a substantial fee to NI to allow use in
the FREE Kontakt Player...

So, NOW you know

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

28 minutes ago, sarine said:

Alright, but I don't know "what Kontakt looks like" either. In the screenshot in OP what are the tell signs of Kontakt? All Kontakt instruments look different to me, mostly it's the toyish GUI design that gives them away, but I always have to guess (until reading the product page).  I have a similar frustration with Kontakt instruments because I don't use them either, they're mostly not very interesting to me, I probably won't be getting Kontakt in the foreseeable future, and because it's so ubiquitous oftentimes I have to dig for the fact that what's being sold is actually a Kontakt instrument. Just saying.

The GUI of Kontakt is one of the most well known and recognizable GUI´s computer music making. Cclarry already explained the features that make up the unchancing part of the kontakt GUI. It's one of those industry standard things. You don't need to own Kontakt to know what it looks like. The Kontakt GUI's are everywhere.

Edited by Kuusniemi
Typo.
  • Like 1

• Jesse Jost changed the title to Wavesfactory Sharine (for Kontakt)
5 minutes ago, Kurre said:

Ok, I'm stupid and you are smart. You win. Congratulations.

So...who tells the newbies to stay the hell out of this subforum?

There's no need to be offended Kurre.  We were ALL you at one point,
until someone educated us, or we educated ourselves.  I see the mods
have seen fit to edit my post to add "for Kontakt" so that everyone is now
aware that it's for Kontakt.  Not knowing something doesn't make you "stupid".
It just means that you are not yet educated in all of the "nuances" of this
field.  And we are all, to an extent, uneducated, and constantly learning!

So, again, no offense, but if you don't want to learn, this field is not the right choice
for you, because everything about Music Production is CONSTANTLY being
educated (and even re-educated, as things change), so if learning something new
offends you, I would highly reconsider my "choice". I'm 60 years old, have been doing
this for over 40 years, and STILL learning something  NEW every single day!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Paul P said:

That's 39 euros, I believe.  Makes it quite expensive in cdn $'s.

Still, almost bought it.  Tempting.

It is pretty tempting. I also have their TrackSpacer plugin which is an excellent tool.

I have had Sharine and InSession's Shimmer, Shake Strike on my radar for a while although the latter is quite a bit more money (even more so while Sharine is on sale). For us folk in the UK you have to add VAT so Sharine works out at around 42 GBP at the checkout.

Eli Krantzberg did a pretty decent review on it ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

Ok, I'm stupid and you are smart. You win. Congratulations.

So...who tells the newbies to stay the hell out of this subforum?

At no point has anyone called you stupid nor have I tried to win anything. Nothing was said in malice. I stated my countering opinion about recognizing a Kontakt library to yours as I felt what you said was out of line (the extortion scheme comment). Then I said why the Kontakt Player is not an option for many developers.

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Zinc

I have both and use Shimmer Strike Shake by far the most - it really is an excellent package

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. I was on the verge of caving in but I know when SSS is next on sale I would be gazing longingly towards it so I might just wait for that! 

35 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Nigel. I was on the verge of caving in but I know when SSS is next on sale I would be gazing longingly towards it so I might just wait for that! 

I haven't seen  SSS below ~$85 and I don't think I will. Competing on price doesn't seem to be their strategy. Good for them. I do enjoy their fruit shaker though. 

18 minutes ago, Monomox said:

I haven't seen  SSS below ~$85 and I don't think I will. Competing on price doesn't seem to be their strategy. Good for them. I do enjoy their fruit shaker though. 

Yup that was a good freebie. I just had an email from them about Riff Generation :Outside In Edition which they say they are launching at the best price first. Seems cheap at 100 usd compared to the normal Riff Generation package which is normally 500 although you can get both for 200 at the moment.

They are also doing 4 for 3 where you get the cheapest item free. Does anyone have any of their guitar libraries or Chroma?