MIDI Sound Isn't Working, Please Help!

Toft

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm a new Cakewalk user. The only DAW I used before is LMMS, so you can Imagine that I ran into some problems. Everything was going smoothly, until I tried to use a VST plugin. I'm really confused. So I look up a tutorial. I watch all of them and look at their instructions. Nothing worked! Auto Thru and On on echo were enabled, so I don't get it. I made sure to optimize my settings, and my tracks aren't muted. It's just that every time I start writing MIDI notes and playing them, there is no sound in the playback! Please help!

If you don't want to write a post here, just DM me on Discord: Toft#9297

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the forum.
Almost 2 days and no responses. I'll give it a try.
Before you inserted a software synthesizer (VSTi), did you hear anything while writing MIDI notes?
What were you using to hear the notes? A MIDI keyboard? Microsoft's GS Wavetable synth?
What is the MIDI track's output set to? It must be set to the VSTi. What is the VSTi's output set to? It must be set to a valid output; if it's set to S/PDIF Output 1 and you don't have anything connected to the S/PDIF output, you won't hear anything.
Do you have an audio interface or are you using the computer's sound chip? Any audio must be channelled through whichever you're using.
What is your computer's operating system?