James McMurtry Show

Grem

Sitting in the parking at The Red Dragon Listening Room. Very small venue.

Waiting for the show. I really like this guy. Great story teller. Really good melodies too.

His biggest hit is Choctaw Bingo

The album it's from has some great songs on it. He recorded one of his latest albums "Complicated Games" in NOLA. That's  a really good album too.

Got to wake up at 3:45. Work calls. Man I am getting too old for this! What was I thinking when I bought them tickets.

Oh well. Here we go!!

Edited by Grem

On 1/17/2023 at 5:06 PM, Bapu said:

How was the show?

It was great Bapu. He really is a great story teller in his song writing.

He has a song called "You Got To Me" that I just love. As he sings it I find myself just thinking and imagining myself in that situation he is singing about. He did that song at the gig and it just blew me away. 

Choctaw Bingo is undoubtedly his biggest hit, and he really rocked it out that night. Extended solos for him and the other guitarist.  Best version of that song I ever heard. 

But I don't think it's his best song. He has some really deep songs. You just got to listen to them and be open to the story.

The place I seen him at is a small venue. Really small. But it was agreat place to see him. He sang a song with just him and his guitar. No mic, no amp, no PA. Just him playing and singing.