new bats brew tune: "Jezebel"

bats brew

On 1/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, hockeyjx said:

Solid tune. Sounds great, not really anything I can pick out to improve on imo.

Are you a drummer as well?

hi hockey!

thanks so much for commenting.

i'm not a real drummer, but in my head, i'm a kick @ss drummer!!!

LOL

this is all programmed in Superior Drummer 3.

the arrangement more or less follows the rolling Stones' "Tumbling dice".

the kit is a custom kit taken from a few different kits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, batsbrew said:

hi hockey!

thanks so much for commenting.

i'm not a real drummer, but in my head, i'm a kick @ss drummer!!!

LOL

this is all programmed in Superior Drummer 3.

the arrangement more or less follows the rolling Stones' "Tumbling dice".

the kit is a custom kit taken from a few different kits.

Same with me with programming, give me enough passes....

On 1/17/2023 at 11:36 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Liked the demo, 👍's on the final mix.

t

hey tom!

yea, the demo was real close,

but not finished.

i changed lots of things, but to the casual listener, it's probably not apparent.

i liked the outcome of this one,

think i'll do some more in this style.

the arrangement roughly copied the arrangement of "Tumbling dice"

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:01 PM, whoisp said:

Nice track Rob, liking your voice and your mix and masters are always creamy juicy fornication to my ears lol 

HEY THANKS for that, whoisp!

don't really like my voice, but it's what i got.

seems i like my masters better now that i'm not trying to win a volume war!! LOL,

i just said F it....  i can make it loud as F, but i don't like the SOUND of it.

in the long run, after i'm long gone, i'll want those mixes to stand up over time, and if they are harsh, and they make my ears tired after just a couple of songs, they wont stand that test.  

almost EVERY modern pro release disc (or files) i have now, wear my ears out after about 15 minutes, even if i turn it down.

i listen to my old classic rock recordings from the 70's, they never do that. they were mastered for vinyl. they weren't so extreme, and not nearly so loud (cuz they couldn't be!)....i've learned my lesson.

so i'm backing off!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, batsbrew said:

HEY THANKS for that, whoisp!

don't really like my voice, but it's what i got.

seems i like my masters better now that i'm not trying to win a volume war!! LOL,

i just said F it....  i can make it loud as F, but i don't like the SOUND of it.

in the long run, after i'm long gone, i'll want those mixes to stand up over time, and if they are harsh, and they make my ears tired after just a couple of songs, they wont stand that test.  

almost EVERY modern pro release disc (or files) i have now, wear my ears out after about 15 minutes, even if i turn it down.

i listen to my old classic rock recordings from the 70's, they never do that. they were mastered for vinyl. they weren't so extreme, and not nearly so loud (cuz they couldn't be!)....i've learned my lesson.

so i'm backing off!

Very true, it takes time to master your mix, only you know how your music should sound in reality and I'm like you7, i don't like my voce haha  Then  you have your mix bus and mastering afterwards which all effect each other.   How much time you also want to spend on one song, then mix and then master.  Yep, thtas a sweet little jezebel right there haha 

Iv'e been updating my templates to get my work flow faster and better, however i keep changing my mix bus template which i need to nail down, but different songs, different mix bus. We can ruin a song with too much compression on the mix bus and then make it worse on the master and fool ourselves because its loud. I like a full big wide sound, tight and pumping. When you put too much space in you can loose that, there's not much space in a orchestra.  Just having a piano and a vocal is totally different to something with 50 tracks is the reality, so becomes more difficult to mix with that clean sounds with infrequency's fighting.   You done, a great job on this mix

On 1/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, whoisp said:

Very true, it takes time to master your mix, only you know how your music should sound in reality and I'm like you7, i don't like my voce haha  

You done, a great job on this mix

heh, it's probably a common complaint, people not liking their  own voice.

appreciate the comments

On 1/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, markno999 said:

Bat,

Good song, very solid performance.      I found myself humming this one after it was over:)    Super catchy and superbly fun.

Regards

hi mark!

thanks for listening!

i was looking for a 'ear worm' that might stick.

plus, i used BOTH my  'jezebels' for recording this one.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:58 AM, AndyB01 said:

This is a great song - hooked me right from the off - terrific stuff (oh, and the voice sounds like it's holding up pretty well to me). 🙂 

Andy

howdy andy!

thanks so much for listening... it's one of those kind of songs that hopefully keeps you going thru the whole thing.

kinda balances out my all instrumental stuff.

and thanks about the voice,

always working on it.