Robbie Bachman, drummer of Bachman-Turner Overdrive, dead at 69

Old Joad

On 1/30/2023 at 2:30 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Maybe it's just Canadian drummers? Well, okay, I guess Keith Moon and John Bonham....

However, Jimi H., Janis J., Jim M., Amy W., Minnie R., Bon S., John L., Kurt C., Hank W., Buddy H., Richie V., Big B., Tupac S., Biggie S., Nick D., Freddie M., Ronnie V., Cassie G. Sam C., Jim R., Kyu S. and Judy G. made the case that singers can check out pretty early.

Neil and Robbie beat Judy Garland by 20 years. She's the geezer in the bunch at age 47. Of the rest of them, Minnie Riperton, Sam Cooke, John Lennon, Jim Reeves and Kyu Sakamoto were the only ones who even made it out of their 20's.

21 singers, and none of them made it to 50! Only two of them (Minnie and Freddie) died of natural causes. Of the rest, 7 of them died in plane crashes on the way to gigs, and with the rest, it was drugs and/or violence.

Yeah, I know, I'm about to turn 62, and I kinda hope that I've got more than 5 years left in this theme park we call "life," but all of those I listed crammed a LOT of living into their time. Well, except maybe Nick Drake 😥, but if you're trying for a lasting legacy, Nicky baby knocked that one out of the park.

I am sure you have lots of more years to go. The average age is 85 for regular people. A lot of these entertains did lots of booze and drugs. We probably don't know most of it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craigb said:

I'm trying to think if I really know any "regular" people (and failing!). 🤔

Everyone is unique in their own way. 

I am starting to think people live too long. Our bodies aren't meant to live to 80s. You spend the last 10 or 20 years of your life in pain.