HoRNet plugins up to 80% off

cclarry

1 hour ago, antler said:

Are you recording audio or MIDI; and are you recording your left hand playing the chords/bass lines in addition to the right hand melody?

I do play with my left and right hand on piano tracks. I'm mainly only concerned with quickly figuring out what chords I was playing.  I can decipher single notes by ear (of course, I can with chords too, but sometimes, I might be playing say a 9th or 11th and it would be great if the software shows me that; ezKeys is pretty decent at that, but I need to dupe the track and through it on there and it'd be great if I could just add a plugin to the original track and figure out the chord progressions). 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I do play with my left and right hand on piano tracks. I'm mainly only concerned with quickly figuring out what chords I was playing.  I can decipher single notes by ear (of course, I can with chords too, but sometimes, I might be playing say a 9th or 11th and it would be great if the software shows me that; ezKeys is pretty decent at that, but I need to dupe the track and through it on there and it'd be great if I could just add a plugin to the original track and figure out the chord progressions). 

Sorry - I can't comment on Songkey (I don't have it). I was just thinking that certain software will tell you the chords if you have the MIDI. Studio One has a chord view that can tell you the chords of both real-time and pre-recorded MIDI. Pianoteq will analyse chords in real time too; it's fairly pricy, but it is a great modelled piano instrument  (i.e. small footprint) with expansions for some other instruments too - maybe one to add to the sales watch list if you like pianos and don't already have it.

It sounds like ezKeys already works, but as you say, there's the cost of duplicating the track.

2 minutes ago, antler said:

Sorry - I can't comment on Songkey (I don't have it). I was just thinking that certain software will tell you the chords if you have the MIDI. Studio One has a chord view that can tell you the chords of both real-time and pre-recorded MIDI. Pianoteq will analyse chords in real time too; it's fairly pricy, but it is a great modelled piano instrument  (i.e. small footprint) with expansions for some other instruments too - maybe one to add to the sales watch list if you like pianos and don't already have it.

It sounds like ezKeys already works, but as you say, there's the cost of duplicating the track.

The sale ended, so I suppose it's not to be. 

On 1/17/2023 at 3:58 PM, PavlovsCat said:

I would much prefer if I could just slap a midi plugin on the piano track to quickly see what's being played

There is a nice tool that does exactly this and I've seen in @Simeon Amburgey 's videos, but I can't remember the name right now (I think it is neither Hornet SongKey nor EZ Keys)