I need a little bit more DR

piano maybe just a tad to front

things get a little more settled at 222

pull back the sax some

anyway, this is killer, and you must be a bot

therefore I have nothing to add,

except that this is top shelf

jut a bit hot

Thanks Jesse, I'll go over it again with fresh ears this morning. i appreciate the help & feedback.

10 hours ago, Eric Parsons said:

Very nice!

Really enjoyed every bit of this tune.

All of the parts are so tight and well-integrated.    The arrangement and production are top drawer. 

The only thing missing is more information on who is playing what.  😁

Well done!

Eric

Thanks Eric, it's a collab w/ Luca Dechert; drums, Gernot Dachert; sax, Bill Lawrence on bass & myself on gtrs & keys.. Thanks again for listening.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

5 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

remix / master

It would be difficult for me to comment on the remix without hearing the original mix.

THIS is a very well played, arranged, and cool piece.

I am listening on jbl 308

in a large room with high cieling

I have my monitors dialed in to listen at a specific volume

I think the snare is a bit snappy

the toms a little buried when they come in

and some other stuff

But HS, I am not one to tell you about your mix.

This is one kick arzz piece

and it doesn't matter what I think because I believe in the infinte variety of the soul, and this is cool

my biggest problem is pretending to know what I'm talking about

11 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

It would be difficult for me to comment on the remix without hearing the original mix.

THIS is a very well played, arranged, and cool piece.

I am listening on jbl 308

in a large room with high cieling

I have my monitors dialed in to listen at a specific volume

I think the snare is a bit snappy

the toms a little buried when they come in

and some other stuff

But HS, I am not one to tell you about your mix.

This is one kick arzz piece

and it doesn't matter what I think because I believe in the infinte variety of the soul, and this is cool

my biggest problem is pretending to know what I'm talking about

Thanks Jesse, all points well taken & I appreciate your feedback.

• Thanks 1

I don't know diddly about mixing and therefore won't comment about that.  What I listen for in a song is the effect I get when I hear it!  This is doggone excellent. Every thing to these geriatric ears sound great.  The playing is excellent, the arrangement is also.  All of the instrumentation can be identified and heard and it is very tight.  The song itself is well composed, really commands attention and keeps one's attention focused.  The feeling when I heard it --- well, it rang Freddy's bell.

• Great Idea 1

Most impressive . . . FWIW, "test mix" is not such a good title, but I guess it's the teaser for the forthcoming attraction ? Sounds very much like a live jazz fusion band, but not sure how you recorded this one (live or dubbing ?) . . . I'm hearing a lot of talented players coming and going throughout. Well written, and I also like how it builds in intensity and volume as it goes . . . mix wise, I can only say, I did not want to adjust the volume, or reach for an EQ, it just sounds great as presented . . . now if we can just get a proper name for it  . . . :)

• Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, freddy j said:

I don't know diddly about mixing and therefore won't comment about that.  What I listen for in a song is the effect I get when I hear it!  This is doggone excellent. Every thing to these geriatric ears sound great.  The playing is excellent, the arrangement is also.  All of the instrumentation can be identified and heard and it is very tight.  The song itself is well composed, really commands attention and keeps one's attention focused.  The feeling when I heard it --- well, it rang Freddy's bell.

Very kind words freddy, i appreciate that & thanks for listening.

9 hours ago, noynekker said:

Most impressive . . . FWIW, "test mix" is not such a good title, but I guess it's the teaser for the forthcoming attraction ? Sounds very much like a live jazz fusion band, but not sure how you recorded this one (live or dubbing ?) . . . I'm hearing a lot of talented players coming and going throughout. Well written, and I also like how it builds in intensity and volume as it goes . . . mix wise, I can only say, I did not want to adjust the volume, or reach for an EQ, it just sounds great as presented . . . now if we can just get a proper name for it  . . . :)

O.K...name changed, thanks for the feedback...this is another collab via the internet, I dug it out the other day while taking a break from writing, I did my tracks about 15 years ago & had a bass player add his. 5 years ago I replaced the midi drums & added sax.

This has various problems & issues with the files themselves but I don't want to re-track anything. I like keeping close to the original or first takes, mistakes & all..Doing everything ITB it's easy to over polish the crap out of a tune with fx or too many tracks. My favorite comments are when listeners think it's a band playing together so I appreciate that. I'll take vibe over polish any day, sometimes I get neither!

Thanks again for listening.

9 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Doing everything ITB it's easy to over polish the crap out of a tune with fx or too many tracks.

can I get a WITNESS!

9 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I'll take vibe over polish any day, sometimes I get neither! 

This is the best response I have ever read.  twss

Look, your expressions grace this forum. 

Edited by Jesse Screed

Nice, like the song, performance, groove, mix, etc...   It is quite amazing to me how you all play off each other even though this is an Internet collab. 

I wouldn't worry about polishing "mistakes."   If they are there it is not anything obvious.    Having looked at pro-mix multi-tracks over the years I am actually surprised the number of mistakes that exist when you solo instrument tracks or vocal performances.    If you took away the collection of performance (groove, articulation, etc.) and mistakes (timing, bad note, noise bleed, etc) away it wouldn't be the same song.    I guess that is why I don't listen to newer music that is perfected to the point of sterility:)

Great work.

Regards