Coming this Tuesday from Soundpaint

cclarry

Wait? An ultra-deep sampled Gameboy??? 

Okay,  that library actually sounds pretty fun and I think SoundPaint would be perfect for a library like that. While I don't find SoundPaint is at the level of KONTAKT when it comes to hyper realistic acoustic sampled instruments like guitar (I'm not saying it can't get there, but my opinion is that it's not there yet),  what I really do love about SoundPaint is that it's super easy to program. While I've made my own patches/snapshots for KONTAKT,  I've never gotten into the kind of detail of altering sounds and using creative effects anywhere near what I've done with SoundPaint because  it's so easy. 

I've actually bought a few SoundPaint libraries that duplicate KONTAKT libraries I own because I thought they'd be cool to layer and create new programs and I've found SoundPaint succeeds at that.  But I find my KONTAKT equivalents of those sample libraries from other devs are more realistic sounding to my ears. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

she wanted for her scripts now works for 8Dio's competitor,  Impact Soundworks

I wonder if there's any coincidence that this is a Gameboy sound library (or at least the image would imply), and that ISW has a library that it describes as A truly authentic collection of sounds from the classic, best-selling “GB” handheld.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:26 PM, antler said:

I wonder if there's any coincidence that this is a Gameboy sound library (or at least the image would imply), and that ISW has a library that it describes as A truly authentic collection of sounds from the classic, best-selling “GB” handheld.

If it's not a Gameboy library that was the most confusing teaser ever!

I actually did think about that too. I have ISW's freebie Gameboy library and it's a lot of fun (it requires the full version of KONTAKT); anyone who owns the full version of KONTAKT who likes these kinds of sounds should pick it up.

Edited by PavlovsCat