Using Chordpotion pages help

Roger_L

HI

Does anyone here use Chordpotion to generate melodies? I have been testing this plugin and am quite impressed by it, but in the manual it says that you can load different progressions into different pages and then switch between pages using the midi notes C0 (= page 1), C#0 (= page 2). etc. I have successfully loaded different progressions into different pages but been unable to switch between pages using my keyboard or a midi clip. Has anyone tried this?

I did a quick test in Gig Performer, using the Ripchord keyboard into the MIDI Monitor into ChordPotion and can confirm that sending (on MIDI Channel 1) C#0 does not change it to Page 2, D0 not to Page 3, etc. I sent an email to the dev (Hauke Menges) about the issue. I'll update this thread after he replies.

Edited by John Maar

OK. I heard back from the dev. He has changed to documentation. It's not C0, C#0 D0, etc. It's the lowest C, C#, D that is recognized by the host. I shifted my NI S61 Mk II down two octaves and sent C-2, C#-2, D-2 etc to ChordPotion in Gig Performer. Those keys successfully changed the pages. I suspect that the same keys will work in Cakewalk. If not, try C-1, C#-1, etc. In Gig Performer, those are mapped to some CC actions by default. C-2 etc. worked for me.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

I too heard from the developer after I raised this post. I just had not transposed my keyboard down far enough to control the page selection from my keyboard, doh.

But what I really wanted to do was control it from the input midi clip. I then did some experimenting with using midi clips and found that I can do this. The notes to use for selecting pages are midi notes 0 (= page 1), 1 (= page 2), etc.  Editing the input midi clip so that you have a short note on these midi notes will select the appropriate page.

So thank you everybody for your help

• Like 1

Chord Potion is great!    Especially for bad keyboard players like me! 

Another way you can change the patterns is to assign the keyswitches to pads on your keyboard controller.   This is useful if you don't have a full keyboard that can allow you to reach the lower keyswitches while playing in your preferred range.

• Like 2