Just gotta say...

craigb

How much I appreciate all of you guys!  😉🙏

Thanks for letting me have some place in this weird world to be silly.

(Yes, it's been a tough time lately for me, but I got a text from a friend a few minutes ago who just had three people close to her die.  Kind of puts things into perspective! 😕 )

Edited by craigb
  • Like 3

Wow... Add to the death total!  My Welsh friend in Florida just told me that two of his school friends (living in Wales) just died four days apart (no, I won't say why here).   Technically, they both passed on the same day, but one was in a coma for four days...  53 and 54. 😮

Yep.  No sleep for me tonight!  Heck, it's already 5:20am here...

21 hours ago, craigb said:

Thanks for those that offered private positive thoughts!  I'm better today.

My mom always used to tell me, "Cheer up Shane. Things could get a lot worse.".

And ya know, she was right. I cheered up and they did get worse.

21 hours ago, craigb said:

Now, if I can just sell my guitar...

Speaking of guitars and money ...

I just saw a used Martin at my local music store here in NJ. Lefty, perfectly set up, played better than any other acoustic I've ever touched. Sounded beautiful. $2500, which is a great price for a Nazareth made Martin. Had to walk away.

I knew the previous owner/ founder of the company since I was a little kid but he just recently sold the business and retired. Back in the day he would have told me to take it and just pay on it what I could until it was paid off by a certain date. I get the impression the new owner isn't quite as 'trusting'. But I get it. Times have changed. 

We used to walk out of there with thousands of dollars of equipment to try out on gigs to see if we wanted to eventually buy it on a handshake. Those days are long gone.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:28 AM, Shane_B. said:

I knew the previous owner/ founder of the company since I was a little kid but he just recently sold the business and retired. Back in the day he would have told me to take it and just pay on it what I could until it was paid off by a certain date. I get the impression the new owner isn't quite as 'trusting'. But I get it. Times have changed. 

We used to walk out of there with thousands of dollars of equipment to try out on gigs to see if we wanted to eventually buy it on a handshake. Those days are long gone.

I had a situation like this, and it really worked well, but that was 35 years ago! Of all the guitars and gear I got, I returned one, a Rickenbaker, the very next day. He was clearly disappointed, but crap, I musta spent 5K a year there back then!

On 1/15/2023 at 2:08 AM, craigb said:

How much I appreciate all of you guys!  😉🙏

Thanks for letting me have some place in this weird world to be silly.

(Yes, it's been a tough time lately for me, but I got a text from a friend a few minutes ago who just had three people close to her die.  Kind of puts things into perspective! 😕 )

Glad to have you around, my friend. 

• Like 1

Maybe we should have the name changed from the Coffee House to the Silly Society of weird musicians :D

Hope you're  doing okay craigb,   One of my best friends growing up had a stoke a couple years ago and has had a rough ride recovering.  

• Like 1