Any way to link the input echo and record arm controls?

sean72

This page doesn't offer the solution: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=4&help=Recording.21.html

There is a global setting to disable input monitoring during playback but it does not turn the input echo on when I arm a track to record. 

What I'm trying to do is simply have a track automatically turn input echo on when I arm it to record and when it is not armed for record I want input echo to be off.

Is this possible?

Thank you

I thought this would be easy: just put each pair (input monitoring and record button) on each track into their own groups so that they toggle together. Tried it, but it locked up CbB and had to kill it from task manager. Maybe something to investigate.

20 minutes ago, billp said:

I thought this would be easy: just put each pair (input monitoring and record button) on each track into their own groups so that they toggle together. Tried it, but it locked up CbB and had to kill it from task manager. Maybe something to investigate.

Yeah I haven't been able to get it working either. If it's not a feature yet hopefully it could be added to a future version of CbB. When I do a lot of recording guitar clips and jump around multiple tracks sometimes I forget to turn input echo on or off before or after recording. Would be much easier to manage if the record arm/disarm also enabled or disabled the input echo. 

Thanks for trying it! 

Edited by sean72

11 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

If it's a safeguard, it shouldn't hang the window, it should just be unavailable. I've reported this one as a bug.

Thanks, hopefully CbB will give us the option to link the two functions together, so I won't have to click input echo every time I arm or disarm a track.