Start playing while patch browser is open

Boney

Question

Is it not possible to press play button while the patch browser is open?

I tried it even from my midi keyboard, it's not playing.

A click or space bar is not allowed when a patch browser or such window is open and its understandable.

But why is not possible to trigger play button even from a midi keyboard? 

9 answers to this question

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll point out what's on this page of documentation.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ExternalDevices.15.html#1121879

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to control only this instance of the plug-in with your controller/surface, enable the Lock check box in the ACT MIDI Controller property page, or enable the ACT Lock button  in the Control Bar’s ACT module.

If you are not locking the controller/surface to a single instance of a plug-in, put the focus on another plug-in, if desired, and adjust its parameters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have the ACT Lock button enabled? My guess is that you have a plug-in (the browser of a plug-in) that has the focus. 

8 hours ago, bnyrj said:

Which settings to be checked and adjusted to make it working. I am using FL Key for this purpose. 

I set up this with ACT (Active Controller Technology)

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ControlBar.13.html

But can't play with the play button if the patch browser is open.

I don’t use the PCR800 with ACT, but as a straight MIDI controller.

Hopefully someone using their MIDI Controller with ACT can chime in.

6 hours ago, rsinger said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll point out what's on this page of documentation.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ExternalDevices.15.html#1121879

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to control only this instance of the plug-in with your controller/surface, enable the Lock check box in the ACT MIDI Controller property page, or enable the ACT Lock button  in the Control Bar’s ACT module.

If you are not locking the controller/surface to a single instance of a plug-in, put the focus on another plug-in, if desired, and adjust its parameters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have the ACT Lock button enabled? My guess is that you have a plug-in (the browser of a plug-in) that has the focus. 

Thanks

I will check that

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

I don’t use the PCR800 with ACT, but as a straight MIDI controller.

Hopefully someone using their MIDI Controller with ACT can chime in.

Thank you,

I just used ACT because I found it in the documentation and thought that's the way we set the midi controllers in Cakewalk.

What is the other way?

Edited by bnyrj

1 hour ago, bnyrj said:

What is the other way?

I just MIDI Keybinding .  Preferences - Customisation - Keyboard Shortcuts (Advanced)

For Play pause I bind the Eb-2 note to Play/Pause.
Controller to 119
Of course, I select “Enabled”

Then, on the button on the PCR800 I want to program, I set it up to transmit the following MIDI events:

B0 77 7F 90 03 DT B0 77 00 where:

BO 77 7F is the CC119 > 127 to shift on
90 03 DT is the note on (DT is the button value 0 or 127)
B0 77 00 is the CC119 > 0 to shift off

A note off is note required.

How you would do this with your keyboard controller would be covered in your MIDI controller’s user manual.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:49 AM, Promidi said:

I just MIDI Keybinding .  Preferences - Customisation - Keyboard Shortcuts (Advanced)

For Play pause I bind the Eb-2 note to Play/Pause.
Controller to 119
Of course, I select “Enabled”

Then, on the button on the PCR800 I want to program, I set it up to transmit the following MIDI events:

B0 77 7F 90 03 DT B0 77 00 where:

BO 77 7F is the CC119 > 127 to shift on
90 03 DT is the note on (DT is the button value 0 or 127)
B0 77 00 is the CC119 > 0 to shift off

A note off is note required.

How you would do this with your keyboard controller would be covered in your MIDI controller’s user manual.

Too complicated 🙄