Available Wednesday - Riff Generation - Outside In Edition

cclarry

Imagine combining a cello, a warm analog synth, a nylon-stringed guitar, a glassy FM synth and a delayed palm-muted electric into the same riff – easily.

Riff Generation: Outside In Edition does this.

Based around a set of musical parameters that you control, the engine combines electric, acoustic and hardware synth sounds into one-of-a-kind combinations of melody, rhythm and sound design with the press of a button.

Riff Generation: Outside In Edition will be available Wednesday, but take a moment today to checkout what it sounds like.
Riff-Generation-Outside-In-Edition-Gear-

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chaps. I was interested in the original version of this but was put off by the price. 

I might get the Outside In version now the price is more reasonable. 

Does anyone have the original version and care to share their thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

This deal on Riff Generation and their other libraries (4 for 3) was supposed to end yesterday having been extended but I managed to get Riff Generation - Outside In edition this morning. I had a quick play and it seems very inspiring so cannot wait to get stuck in.

The intro price 99 USD is supposed to be the cheapest price it will ever be. Not cheap but a lot cheaper than the normal price and it does seem like a quality "song inspiration" tool. The included samples are also excellent and it includes access to a video manual which should help with the learning curve.

Also, it's Kontakt Player compatible for those who don't have full Kontakt yet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mesh said:

This looks to be really good product and I want, but I've run out of GAS money until next week.... :(

Hey Mesh, you could always email them and see if they will extend the sale any longer. I would think it's in their interest to do so as they would surely get more sales.

• Great Idea 1

Debating whether or not to go for this; I already have Audio Modern's Riffer. Riff Generation seems really cool, but is it locked to its own instrument/effects? Also, can each instrument be routed to its own output? (all of which is moot if the sale doesn't get extended)

Edited by antler

3 hours ago, antler said:

Debating whether or not to go for this; I already have Audio Modern's Riffer. Riff Generation seems really cool, but is it locked to its own instrument/effects? Also, can each instrument be routed to its own output? (all of which is moot if the sale doesn't get extended)

MIDI files for any riff can be exported directly from the interface via drag-and-drop, or MIDI can be sent out in real time to other virtual instruments.

Not sure about routing each instrument to its own output but there is supposed to be a PDF manual which I haven't found as yet which might cover it (I have asked InSession for a copy).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

there is supposed to be a PDF manual which I haven't found as yet which might cover it (I have asked InSession for a copy).

Look in your installation folder for a Documentation sub folder.

..\InSessionAudio\Riff Generation - Outside In Edition\Documentation\Riff Generation - Outside In Ed - Manual.pdf

Riff Generation - Outside In Ed - Manual.pdf

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Look in your installation folder for a Documentation sub folder.

..\InSessionAudio\Riff Generation - Outside In Edition\Documentation\Riff Generation - Outside In Ed - Manual.pdf

Riff Generation - Outside In Ed - Manual.pdf

Got it, thanks TS. 

12 hours ago, antler said:

Also, can each instrument be routed to its own output? (all of which is moot if the sale doesn't get extended)

Having looked at the video and PDF manuals I cannot see any way to route each instrument to its own output. 
That would be a useful revision IMHO so I will send a request to InSession.

Edited by ZincT

FWIW I had the following reply from InSession (sending from phone so cannot see an easy way to put this in a quote) .... 

it is not possible to route each sound to an individual output.

The reason is a bit technical, but this is it:

Internally Kontakt's structure has four "rows" for FX:

Group

Bus

Insert

Send

To offer individual outputs, Kontakt can only do this in one place: right after Bus effects, but before Insert.

This means that the sound doesn't have the option of "hitting" the Insert row of FX - and Riff Generation has every slot in this row filled with an effect.

Put another way: if we offered individual outputs, the sound would never get to the compressor, EQ, delay, reverb or burst delay and burst reverbs. 

End of quote 

• Like 1