Bands that had continued success with a new singer

craigb

Anthrax with John Bush (Armored Saint).

Call me heretic, but I actually prefer him as a singer.

Granted the band was not as popular during those years, but that goes for metal altogether in the mid 90's.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

Scottish folk rock band Runrig. The golden voiced Donnie Munro left to be a (sadly unsuccessful) Labour politician - though their ex keyboard player had more success in the SNP. I didn't think anyone could replace Donnie and, although it took a while for me to get used to his voice, I reckon Canadian Bruce Guthro did an amazing job. The band have recently retired after well over 40 years of existence.

On 1/13/2023 at 2:33 PM, paulo said:

How Ozzy Osbourne ever got a job as a singer has always baffled me.

I may take some heat for this but on a side note I have always felt that way about Jimmy Page. After seeing video of them live I swear that it is not the same person playing on the studio recordings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I may take some heat for this but on a side note I have always felt that way about Jimmy Page. After seeing video of them live I swear that it is not the same person playing on the studio recordings.

His real claim to fame was that he was a top studio musician.  I've also thought he tended to play pretty sloppy live, but when you imagine what drugs he was probably on for those gigs, it doesn't surprise me!

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 11:06 PM, Rain said:

Faith No More. No direspect to the late Chuck Mosley, but Mike Patton helped take the band to a whole new level.

100%. The Real Thing was a GAME CHANGER. You could rock with keyboards. You could write about anything (like a baby's perspective). You didn't need a "look".

I don't know if the album is in my top 5, but DEFINITELY in the top 10. Or to put it a different way, I'd take it on a desert island.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

???  Have they had a popular song without Steve?

I don't think they have! I'd say the same with Foreigner, Kelly Hansen sings the stuff great, but they are just emulating the singer that HAD the popular songs!

Same with Styx, even though there is new music. Just cashing in on the legacy of the band's history IMO.