RIP Focusrite and Novation Plugin Collective

satya

15 hours ago, Naik287 said:

perhaps it was the last gift from plugin collective

Perhaps, but will wait to see... ;)

That could imply that only the "Plugin Collective" arrangement has ended, but that the giveaways may still continue in a different context, such as within your hardware user account where the bundled software is offered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I really love bx_Oberhausen so it's a shame for people they're dropping that one. I'd probably rather bx_Masterdesk as well, instead of Landr, but I guess I see where they're going with that..

I've never really "engaged" with the bx_oberhausen, but given the choice, I'd rather use bx_masterdesk than send my stuff off to BLandr.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I've never really "engaged" with the bx_oberhausen, but given the choice, I'd rather use bx_masterdesk than send my stuff off to BLandr.

The bx_oberhausen synth has a really nice analog Oberheim vibe that I quite like. Definitely worth spending some quality time with! :)

I would almost put it up there with u-he Repro sound wise, which covers the Prophet sound (entirely different) nicely. Obviously some might disagree, but this emulation of the OB has made my "keepers" list!

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The bx_oberhausen synth has a really nice analog Oberheim vibe that I quite like. Definitely worth spending some quality time with!

I tried, lord knows I tried, but it's on my "other people like it but for me it's a resource hog that doesn't make the sounds I'm looking for."

Of course, since Massive was in the most recent Plug-in Collective giveaway, that kinda slowed skill acquisition on other synths. Synths are something I don't really need more of at this point. The ones I have are really great for my needs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

it's a resource hog

So is Massive is you crank the voicing way up. Try backing down the unison voices if that option is switched on.

15 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

that doesn't make the sounds I'm looking for

Fair enough. There are plenty of synths out there, so may as well use the ones that deliver! ;)

Edited by abacab

5 hours ago, abacab said:

So is Massive is you crank the voicing way up. Try backing down the unison voices if that option is switched on.

Fair enough. There are plenty of synths out there, so may as well use the ones that deliver! ;)

Yeah, but Massive has more of the sounds I can use. I'm a veteran of A|A|S' synths and Iris 2, so I know about limiting simultaneous voices. 😆

Diversity in tones, yes. As a guitar player and drummer, I've experimented with different pickups, materials, strings, heads in pursuit of the sound I hear in my head. With any instrument, it either inspires or it doesn't. I can fire up Hybrid 3 or Massive and become inspired to make a new song right just based on the patch.

Synths like bx_oberhausen, Waves Elements, TAL Noisemaker, Surrealistic MG-1, they're for leads and basses (to me). A|A|S soundpacks, Hybrid, Massive, Vacuum Pro are where the songs start, with their huge pads and arps. Iris 2 is good for atmospheric intros and breakdowns.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Synths like bx_oberhausen

I have found this one to be a helluva pad machine! ;)

This is the reason that convinced me! Here are some of the best pads I've heard anywhere! The 32-voice polyphony takes the Oberheim SEM in a very interesting direction!

https://www.luftrum.com/luftrum22/ Luftrum 22 for bx_oberhausen

Luftrum and Stephan Baer have teamed up to create a set of 80 new presets for bx_oberhausen.

Luftrum 22 is a selection bx_oberhausen presets, from buttery soft pads to crispy synth leads, fat unison basses and analog arpeggios, with each sound designers’ signature take on the 70s analog classic.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1