UVI Digital Synsations Updated

cclarry

15 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

I still could not find product downloads on that page. 

Are you logged into your account?
Do you already have products with UVI?

If so, you should see this for all your products on that page.

Thanks for the alternate Portal setting!  Hadn't seen that.

UVIDS1.thumb.JPG.3d48c2bf3a00114949232c035328816f.JPG

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Are you logged into your account?
Do you already have products with UVI?

If so, you should see this for all your products on that page.

Thanks-  My bad.  I guess I too, missed that fine print and assumed that the "Manage my products" menu would take me to that page.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I always thought the original was underrated.  Not the best emulation but plenty of usable sounds like the 90s House organ. 

I think the DS90s (Roland D-50 emulation) is probably the keeper in the bunch.

Due to its original Roland architecture, nobody has been able to legally emulate its synth engine because of the proprietary Roland 8-bit PCM samples used as the sound source for the digital synthesis engine. Only Roland has access to those samples.

So other than the Roland Cloud version, a sampled D-50 is the only way for a 3rd party to emulate it, aka the UVI DS90s. :)

https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_d-50/

"The D-50 was Roland’s first fully digital synthesizer, and its unique sound combined subtractive synthesis with harmonically complex sampled waveforms and digital effects. This innovative marriage of samples and synthesis allowed for warm and dynamic analog tonality with the realism and flexibility of digital technology, opening up an entirely new world of sound creation possibilities."

https://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/d50.php

"Once Roland's hottest digital synth, it competed against the Yamaha DX7, and was much easier to use. By joining 8-bit PCM samples with "LAS" synth-generated sounds, the D-50 is capable of unique and complex sounds. The PCM samples contained the attack transients, while the rest of the sound came from the Linear Arithmatic Synth (LAS) section which sounds very analog, with subtractive-style synthesis and low-pass-resonant filters."

• Like 2