UVI Digital Synsations Updated

cclarry

I only own a couple of things from them so don't go into the UVI Product Portal much, but that is one of the nicer installers I've seen in a long while. Very straightforward, clean and efficient. Nice job UVI!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 4

I’m actually pretty pleased with UVI updating Digital Synsations 1, as those four synths are sample (and wavetable) based, which is where UVI reigns supreme. Sampling romplers and other samples-driven synths also seems more logical than sampling purely oscillator driven ones.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Sampling romplers and other samples-driven synths also seems more logical than sampling purely oscillator driven ones.

Good point! I had removed Digital Synsations 1 a while back to recover disk space. I may need to check out this update! :)

Well, at least as soon as my 35 Arturia updates finish...

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

One of the few developers that allow 3 iLok activations.   I think I have enough of these free libraries to authorize on 27 machines.

Yes, but I hate that they only support an installation option via their portal! It is such a hassle! 👎

Maybe I will pass on the update because of this. It is also the reason why I would never buy a UVI product. In any case, I've noticed that authorization and installation is more and more a buy or not to buy argument for me!

With regard to UVI I think it is perverse to have online installation only and iLok authorization! IMO this fits absolutely not together.

2 minutes ago, simon said:

I think you can download libraries via your UVI account page ? (I'm too lazy to check!)

I don't get it, 'cos when I click "manage your products" there comes only a page with the portal download! But maybe it's somehow hidden like with Softube.

I still could not find product downloads on that page.  Only the UVI Portal d/l.  I fixed the issue by going into the UVI Portal Program Settings (the little slider icon at the top right to the right of your email address) and checking e "Direct Download" box.  Unchecked, it uses P2P Torrent.  They warn that direct will be much slower, but in my experience direct is always MUCH faster.

2023-01-14_14-25-37.jpg.7986ef22b437e43f347570a51d8e63dd.jpg

• Like 2