sus/2002

Hidden Symmetry

8 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

great chops, was that bass fretless? dug it. I did get some buzzing in right speaker around 3:25 but it might have been a hard-panned brass instrument? I couldn't tell.

Those drums are so fresh sounding, I can hear the skins. Not bad for a 20 yr old recording!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm pretty sure you're hearing the tbone fortissimo stabs but will check it out more closely. I don't think the bass is a fretless..thanks again for the feedback.

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi - Great track, really enjoyed it - I heard what Tom was referring to at 3.25 - but I was wondering if this was something like a sax very low in the mix - if not it could be distortion!

Cool stuff

Nigel

Thanks for listening Nigel, appreciate it..I'll check that section again..as I told Tom it might be the brass.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, mark skinner said:

Wonderful playing !  That was a Killer bass track.   This is a head nodder for sure.   Loved it ! ..       mark

Thanks for the feedback mark, glad you enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Another great piece from you. Great everything 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks Larry, I appreciate the comment.

10 hours ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Very cool. I like the way you panned the drum kick and bass and opened the center for the other instruments.  A least that's how it sounded to me.  Nice work.  Clean and clear.

Dean

Thanks Dean, appreciate your comments. thanks for listening.

12 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

is this new york?

you should open for billy cobham

or tower of power

or back joni what's her name cloud lady

when you cross, this may get you over the divide

thanks Jesse, speaking of Cobham he remains one of my fav. drummers. He amazed me years ago & still does today. Here's a track to start the day off..

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

speaking of Cobham

yes, found out about him when researching Tommy Bolin, (saw a clip where Billy says that Bolin was his inspiration the Spectrum album, which I used to have but gave it away to a drummer friend who loved Billy's drumming.  And yes, your song still kicks ***** and is one of the best around.

Edited by Jesse Screed

4 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

yes, found out about him when researching Tommy Bolin, (saw a clip where Billy says that Bolin was his inspiration the Spectrum album, which I used to have but gave it away to a drummer friend who loved Billy's drumming.  And yes, your song still kicks ***** and is one of the best around.

Spectrum was mind blowing & Tommy was incredible. Us High School kids used to play Red Baron...that was a fun jam & one of the few tunes we could get through!