RIP Jeff Beck! (Not a Deal)

cclarry

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

THIS is Jeff Beck for me. Never muscling in there to cram zillions of notes into a track. Just tastefully playing to fit the track

In 1992 he appeared on an excellent concept album by ROGER WATERS ( ex Pink Floyd ) called AMUSED TO DEATH ( Recording started in 1987 ). So sit back and listen to his guitar on the BALLAD OF BILL HUBBARD. You may cry .. about WW1. It sends shivers down my spine every time I listen to it

I will admit a tear in my eye listening to this ..

Wow, thanks for this. I bought that record but it never really hit me. This is a wonderful testimony. 

• Like 3

"I was so saddened to hear that Jeff Beck had died. Jeff Beck was a lovely man with a wicked sense of humour who played some of the best guitar music ever to come out of Great Britain. He was a superb technician and could strip down his guitar and put it back together again in time for the show.

His unique style of playing was something that no one could match, and I will always remember the great times we had together. He would come over to dinner at our place or he and his wife, Sandra, would host an evening at their house.

Jeff had immaculate taste in most things and was an expert at rebuilding his collection of cars. His no nonsense attitude to the music business was always so refreshing and I will cherish forever the moments we spent together.

Jeff Beck has left the building and it is a lonelier place without him.

God bless Jeff and his family.

Love"

Paul McCartney

• Like 2
  • Sad 2