RIP Jeff Beck! (Not a Deal)

cclarry

I formed an instrumental band at 18 inspired by Jeff Beck's rock fusion music on albums like There and Back, Wired and Blow by Blow.  Last night, before bed, I stumbled on a video of Jimmy Page inducting Jeff Beck into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and my wife and I watched it while I talked about how much I loved his playing and the musicians he played with (Jeff always surrounded himself with killer musicians and some of my favorite drummers, like Simon Philips and Vinnie Coliauta and more recently Tal Wilkenfield on bass). I realize the musical heroes of our youth are now quite old, but it's especially hard to see such greats like Jeff Beck pass. I'm going to miss him. RIP, Jeff Beck and thanks for all of the great music and passion that inspired so many of us. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 10

THIS is Jeff Beck for me. Never muscling in there to cram zillions of notes into a track. Just tastefully playing to fit the track

In 1992 he appeared on an excellent concept album by ROGER WATERS ( ex Pink Floyd ) called AMUSED TO DEATH ( Recording started in 1987 ). So sit back and listen to his guitar on the BALLAD OF BILL HUBBARD. You may cry .. about WW1. It sends shivers down my spine every time I listen to it

I will admit a tear in my eye listening to this ..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@cclarryI know, like me, you're a big fan of David Gilmour's playing too. He shared this great photo of him and Jeff last night. You've probably already seen in, but I thought it was really nice to see. 

FB_IMG_1673527095264.jpg

Yes, I saw it, and his very poignant message also.  Very touching!

• Like 4