YouTube Creator Music?

whoisp

So if you are with DistroKid  don't tick YouTube Music because you can't claim the license fee if someone users your music unless you pay them. Also on your youtube channel, you have to have over 1000 followers with so many views for YouTube Monetization direct and it still is not straightforward.   

I was using a company called Songtradr that collect revenue from music being used on YouTube and other platforms but when YouTube change  terms it all stopped with Youtube and DistroKid over ruled Songtradr because i didn't untick the box.  This is nutz, because if you don't tick the box, your music is not on youtube to collect fees, so its a oxymoron.   These digital companies appear to be a law unto themselves.  I would now have to deleted my songs form DistroKid and add them back without the box ticked (so would be on YouTube) or you pay  $4.95/yr + 20% of YouTube ad revenue from matches they detect depening on your subscribers etc

Channel Subscribers / License Cost

1k - 100k / $9.99 per license

100k - 500k / $24.99

500k - 5m / $39.99

5m+ / $74.99

Per YouTube’s requirement, this Monetization opportunity became exclusive, which means that participants should only consider opting in music that is not currently represented in the YouTube Content ID system by another administrative party. So i had Songtradr collecting and now DistroKid have overruled because i ticked the box. Its only a few pound's a month but it paid for my guitar strings, coffee and a free box of NHS condoms rock@n@Roll