Make your own Guitar IRs with MCabinet

Chandler

Here is a quick video I did that will show you how you can use Melda productions MCabinet to create your own guitar cabinets from scratch.  You can now create whatever sound you like and refine and polish it as much as you like. Of course I'm doing this using electric guitar, but the same concept can be done with bass guitar, etc. I hope you find this useful.

Hi Chandler,

I'm not sure if I would use this or not in mixes, but I can see where a developer may be interested in this, provided that the use I have in mind is permissible under the license.  Is it permissible to export an IR that is not a global preset or profiles preset (i.e. one that had been edited or started from scratch) for inclusion in a guitar amp sim by the developer for use by third parties?  This could prove to be a great way to create IRs for a number of cabs for a developer that doesn't have access to lots of amps and cabinets and/or isn't particularly interested in recording a bunch of stuff but would rather stick to circuit modelling. 

There are cases where the sounds of certain types of synths may be used in building instruments for third parties even without permission (synths that are not sample-based, for example), and this application appears to be similar to those, so it may not matter what the licensing terms are (i.e. may be unenforcable), but it's simpler if everyone is clear and agrees up front.  If the use I have in mind is already permissible, then I would seriously consider getting this.  I would use it to expand the cabinets I have available in my own amp sims by perhaps a dozen or so, not anywhere near the unending number than MCabinet would be capable of providing.   This would be used to simplify things, not complicate them.

I've actually tried a few times to build IRs for cabs, but it takes a lot of filters to accomplish anything anywhere nearly correct, so I'm really happy to see this where all that stuff is included, and I didn't have to do it.

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Dave